Reservation of sports facilities
The sports facilities of Espoo Sports and Exercise Services can be reserved using the online sports facilities reservation system (in Finnish). Log into the system using online banking credentials or the Mobile Certificate. It is also possible to browse the reservation system without logging in. The system is optimised for Chrome and Firefox browsers. All the reservations are chargeable.
APPLICATION PERIODS FOR SPORTS FACILITIES AND GRANTS 2023
Fri 20 January 2023
The application period for time slots in the sports facilities listed below is 12 December 2022–20 January 2023.
· Roller hockey time slots in Espoonlahti Forum ice stadium from 29 May to 6
· Summertime slots on sports fields
Grass football fields from 15 May to 17 September 2023
Athletics fields from 2 May to 30 September 2023
· Time slots in sports halls from 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2025
· Gyms in Tapiola, Leppävaara and Kannusillanmäki sports halls and in Matinkylä swimming hall and sport facilities in Leppävaara swimming hall from 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2025
· Summertime slots in swimming halls from 29 May to 13 August 2023
Fri 3 February 2023
The application period for time slots in the sports facilities listed below is 2 January–3 February 2023.
· Time slots in schools’ sports facilities from 21 August to 1 December 2023, from 8 January
to 3 May 2024, from 19 August to 29 November 2024 and from 7 January to 2 May 2025
· Time slots in schools under users’ self-supervision from 21 August to 10 December 2023, from 2 January to 19 May 2024, from 19 August to 8 December 2024 and from 2 January to 18 May 2025
· Sport facilities in Omnia only during weekends from 21 August 2023 to 9 June 2024 and from 19 August 2024 to 8 June 2025
· Rental grant for sports facilities from 1 July to 31 December 2022
Fri 3 March 2023
The application period for time slots in the sports facilities listed below is 30 January–3 March 2023
· Summertime slots in schools’ sports facilities from 8 May to 16 June 2023 and from 31 July to 18 August 2023 (Ruusutorppa, Karakallio)
· Basic grants: sports activities and special groups
Fri 24 March
The application period for time slots in the sports facilities listed below is 20 February–24 March 2023.
· Regular time slots in swimming halls from 14 August 2023 to 31 May 2024 and from 12 August 2024 to 30 May 2025
· Regular winter ice time in the Espoonlahti Forum ice stadium, Tapiola training ice stadium and Matinkylä ice sports center Ilmatar I for the period 15 Aug 2023–22 May 2025
Fri 25 August
The application period for time slots in the sports facilities listed below is 3 July–25 August 2023
· Time slots in football halls from 1 October 2023 to 30 April 2024 and from 1 October 2024 to 30 April 2025.
· Heated artificial turf fields from 1 December 2023 - to 17 March 2024 and 1 December 2024 - to 16 March 2023
· Rental grant for sports facilities from 1 January to 30 June 2022
Fri 20 October
The application period for time slots in the sports facilities listed below is 11 September–20 October 2023
· Time slots on artificial turfs from 18 March 2024 to 15 March 2025.
· Time slots on gravel pitches from 1 April to 31 October 2024 and from 1 April to 31 October 2025
· Time slots on beach volleyball courts from 13 May 2024 - 22 September 2023 and from 12 May to 21 September 2025
· Young athlete’s grants
· Grants for coach training
- Grant for producing orienteering maps
When you log in, you can select whether to make a reservation on behalf of a sports club or as a private person. It is important for contact persons to indicate that they represent a sports club after logging in so that the reservations are done in the name of the sports club. After login, the contact person always has the opportunity to update his/her own information and the club’s information.
We process applications only during office hours (Mon - Fri).
All reservations are subject to charges.
The system is optimised for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Download file: Instructions for using the resource booking system of sports facilities.pdf.Instructions for using the resource booking system of sports facilities.pdf
- Download file: Liikuntatilojen kayttovuorohakemus.pdf.Liikuntatilojen kayttovuorohakemus.pdfFile is only available in FinnishFile is only available in Finnish
The reservation calendar (in Finnish) for tennis courts will be open at 2 May - 2 October in Tapiola. Single session is EUR 5,50 per hour. There are tennis courts also in Otaniemi and Puolarmaari.
Tennis time slots at Espoo Sports and Exercise Services can be reserved using the online sports facilities reservation calendar. Logging into the reservation calendar requires personal online banking credentials or the Mobile Certificate. When you are booking tennis courts, make sure that your time slot begins and ends on the hour or on the half hour. Time slots are paid when making the reservation using online banking or a credit card. Reservations are binding.
Please note! If you use your browser’s incognito or privacy mode when making a reservation and pay online using MobilePay, you will be taken to the login page after returning from the bank. You will have to log back in to the system. The reservation process will then continue as usual.
Sports and Exercise Services are not liable for reservations that are cancelled due to disruptions in payment or the user’s failure to return to the vendor’s online service after the transaction.
Customers may cancel their reservation up to five days before the time slot, in which case the payment will be refunded to their bank account.
It takes approximately seven days to process online payment refunds. Refunds are processed during office hours. Refunds are not paid for time slots that are cancelled due to weather conditions or simply missed.
Single turns can be reserved through online service(external link) (in Finnish). The price is EUR 5.50 per hour