Short-term land lease and land use permits
The city offers its lands for various temporary purposes. The agreement type and application procedure depend on the location and intended purpose. This page provides details of the permits granted by the Real Estate Department, which cannot yet be applied for via the e-service.
The Real Estate Department grants land use permits for short-term events such as concerts and park fitness classes.
Temporary land leases on land and water areas are granted by the Real Estate Department for purposes such as:
- work site base
- kiosk site
- outdoor catering area
- pumping station or transformer substation
- building site for a mobile phone station (pole)
- field lease
- Christmas tree sale
Park fitness classes, outdoor terraces and Christmas tree sites have their own application procedures, which you can find out more about by clicking the links at the top of the page. For other purposes, this is how you apply for a permit or lease:
- Determine the area you need. You can see the city-owned land on the City of Espoo map service.
- Fill in the application form (hakemus), attach a site plan or other map of the area and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The lease depends on the intended purpose and location. For contracts of less than six (6) months, value added tax of 24% will be added. Land use permits are subject to a minimum processing fee of EUR 40 (+VAT).
- All applications are processed on a case-by-case basis. The processing time is 1–4 weeks.
- If you are organizing an event, read the event organizer guidelines.
- EnterpriseEspoo(external link) offers advice to those planning to start a business.
Hakemus, Lyhytaikainen maanvuokraus(external link) (pdf, in Finnish)