Deviating from the town plan

Deviating from the regulations of the valid town plan is subject to a deviation permit, which must be obtained before applying for a building permit. A slight deviation to be resolved in connection with the building permission procedure is defined by the building inspection authority. Sometimes deviating from the regulations of the town plan requires changing the town plan. Before submitting an application for deviating from the town plan, contact the town plan designer/engineer of the planning area at the City Planning Department or the Building Control permit drafter. Application forms with instructions are available at the Environment and Technical Services customer service, they can be printed from the City of Espoo website, or the application can be submitted electronically through the electronic service for construction and land use. More detailed instructions can be found on the website of the City of Espoo.

Contact information and services