building outside the town plan area

In Espoo, all areas that are not covered by the town plan are considered areas requiring planning. Construction work in these areas is subject to a separate decision and/or deviation permit, which must be obtained before applying for a building permit. Deviating from the rules, regulations, prohibitions and other restrictions stipulated in the Land Use and Building Act or adopted thereunder (for example, the regulations of the building code) is subject to a deviation permit. Application forms with instructions are available at the Environment and Technical Services customer service, they can be printed from the City of Espoo website, or the application can be submitted electronically through the electronic service for construction and land use. More detailed instructions can be found on the website of the City of Espoo.

Contact information and services