See the good every day! Training event and webinars on positive education for first-graders’ guardians
This autumn, the City of Espoo offers first-graders and their guardians support for identifying the children’s strengths. The Bringing back the joy training package, based on the See the Good! series, has been tailored for Espoo’s schools, pupils and their families by a company called Positive Learning.
Mobile app and training events help the whole family see the good every day
Guardians will be able to use the See the Good! application through their mobile device or computer. The digital service based on pedagogical research provides information on strengths of character and how to support them. The strengths include compassion, perseverance and curiosity. Concrete tools are available to help guardians support the development of their child’s strengths. Instructions for use will be shared through webinars and Wilma.
Six webinars for guardians will be held in Finnish, Swedish and English. The webinars focus on positive pedagogy: even small successes are worth acknowledging and they increase the child’s self-confidence, which will help them work towards new successes.
In-person training and webinars for guardians
An in-person training event will be held in Finnish for guardians on 25 October 2022 from 18:00 to 20:00 in the Otasali Hall at Otaniemen lukio (Tietotie 6). The event will be streamed live.
• 25 October, 18:00–20:00, in-person training in Finnish streamed from Otasali
• 26 October, 18:00–19:30, in Swedish(external link)
• 31 October, 18:00–19:30, in English(external link)
• 1 November, 18:00–19:30, in Finnish(external link)
• 2 November, 18:00–20:00, in Finnish(external link)
• 3 November, 18:00–19:30, in Finnish(external link)
Links to the webinars will be published on this page later. You do not have to register for the event. Welcome!
Positive education supports learning and wellbeing
The package, aimed at first-graders, is one of the measures through which the Healthy Espoo Development Programme intends to improve mental wellbeing among Espoo’s residents.
Healthy Espoo is one of Espoo’s four development programmes for the current council term. The programme goals include developing solutions for post-pandemic recovery and the prevention of mental health problems.
Read more on the news article published on 15 August: Every success is worth celebrating – Character Crow to teach first-graders to recognise their strengths.
- Download file: Albanian-language invitation to See the Good! webinars for guardians.
- Download file: Arabic-language invitation to See the Good! webinars for guardians.
- Download file: Dari-language (Farsi) invitation to See the Good! webinars for guardians.
- Download file: Somali-language invitation to See the Good! webinars for guardians.
- Download file: Russian-language invitation to See the Good! webinars for guardians.
- Basic Education