Espoo’s cultural and sports services as of 20 August 2021
Espoo’s libraries, sports facilities and museums remain open. Recreational activities will be organised in compliance with current restrictions.
Culture: Espoo’s libraries and museums remain open; events are organised in compliance with the restrictions
- Libraries are open according to their autumn opening hours. See all library opening hours at helmet.fi.(external link)
- More information on safe library visits is available on the helmet.fi website(external link).
- If necessary, events organised at Espoo’s libraries will either be held online or cancelled in compliance with the new restrictions. See the status of events at Espoo’s libraries(external link) on the helmet.fi website.
- KAMU at WeeGee, the Pentala Archipelago Museum, Glims Farmstead Museum and Villa Rulludd are open. See more detailed opening hours on the City Museum website.(external link)
- You can find information on the exhibitions at the Espoo City Museum KAMU on the website of the City Museum.(external link)
- You can also visit museums online! Further information:(external link) History Online.(external link)
Cultural venues and events
- Events will be organised in compliance with current restrictions. Some of the events will be postponed or cancelled. You can find event-specific information online at kulttuuriespoo.fi/en(external link).
- The Exhibition Centre WeeGee(external link) is open during the autumn season 2021. You can find information on this autumn’s events on WeeGee’s website(external link).
- The autumn season of Espoo’s cultural venues (Sello Hall(external link), Espoo Cultural Centre(external link), Kannusali(external link), Children’s Cultural Centre Aurora(external link), Vindängen(external link)) will start in August, and their programmes will be updated on their websites.
- Late summer events will take place as planned at the community garden located in the southwestern corner of the Espoonlahti sports park. Further information:(external link) Garden & pavilion(external link).
- Espoo Day will be celebrated all over the city on 28 August 2021. Read more about the events at espoopaiva.fi/en(external link).
- Urban Espoo(external link), Espoo’s cultural venue online, is open 24/7.
- The concert season of the City Orchestra begins on 3 September 2021. Tickets are available through Lippupiste in compliance with current restrictions. Read more about the Tapiola Sinfonietta’s concerts in the autumn.(external link)
Recreational activities in the field of culture
- Recreational activities will be organised in compliance with current restrictions. Providers of basic education in the arts and other providers of recreational activities in the field of culture are instructed to comply with AVI’s guidelines. All operators must prevent close contact in customer premises and prepare a written plan on how close contact between people is prevented. This plan must be available on their premises. In other respects, they must follow the safety guidelines that have been in force since last spring, for example with regard to face masks and hygiene.
Sports: sports facilities remain open, recreational activities will continue
Sports facilities remain open and all sports will continue. Competitive activities (games, matches, tournaments) will also continue. Organisers are responsible for the safety of activities and compliance with current restrictions.
Exercise groups and courses organised by Espoo’s Sports and Exercise Services
- Guided exercise groups and courses will start as scheduled. The number of participants will be limited so that the activities can be organised safely. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed in indoor sports facilities and a maximum of 50 people in outdoor sports facilities. In smaller indoor sports facilities, the size of the group is determined according to the available space.
- You can find the schedules for the groups and courses at espoo.fi/ohjattuliikunta(external link) (in Finnish).
Indoor and outdoor sports facilities
All city-owned indoor and outdoor sports facilities will be kept open. The number of customers will be limited to no more than half of the facilities’ normal capacity.
- See the opening hours of swimming pools on their websites.
- The saunas located on the same premises are also open.
Gyms and other sports facilities
- You can find the opening hours of gyms and other sports facilities in the online calendar(external link).
- The meeting rooms and remote work and group activity facilities at the Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres can be booked for no more than half of their maximum capacity. The maximum number of people allowed is 25, no matter how large the facility. Please make sure that visitors can maintain safe distances from each other.