Enabling self service password reset
Instructions for upper secondary school students.
- Accept the service terms through Wilma
- Navigate to https://espoo.inschool.fi(extrernal link) and log in with your Wilma credentials
- Navigate to ”Forms” / ”Lomakkeet”
- Open the form ”Enabling the password self reset funtion” / ”Oppimisympäristön salasanan itsepalvelunollauksen käyttöönotto (lukiolaiset)”
- Select ”Save” / ”Tallenna tiedot”
The service will be activated during the following night, meaning that you can proceed to enable the service in accordance with these instructions on the next day.
Enabling the service is voluntary.
The following pages provide instructions on how to set the information required by the self service password reset in advance.
This will enable you to reset your password without having to as an ICT teacher for assistance.
An ICT teacher can always reset your password if you cannot or do not want to enable the service or if you are having trouble using it.
1. User your browser to navigate to https://aka.ms/ssprsetup(extrernal link)
2. Sign in using your own EDU O365 credentials: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you are signed in, the system will ask for your password for verification, so select “Re-enter my password” / ”Anna salasanani uudelleen” and enter your current password.
4. You will now see a page where you can determine the details needed for a password reset.
5. Select “Authentication phone is not configured - Set it up now” / “Todentamisen puhelinnumeron määrittäminen”.
6. Set your telephone number by first selecting “Finland (+358)” from the dropdown menu and then entering the phone number without the initial zero. The number will be used for identification if you ever need to reset the service password.
7 .The number must be verified, so select “Text me” / ”Lähetä minulle tekstiviesti”.
8. Enter the code which you received by text message/phone call and select “Verify”/ “Tarkista”.
9. You will see a success confirmation. Select “Finish” / “Valmis”.
10. Your details are now in the service in case you forget your password!
The following pages instruct you on how to restore your credentials if you forget your password or if your credentials have been locked due to too many login attempts.
For the password recovery, you must have access to a web browser on your smartphone or home computer, for example.
1. Use the browser to navigate to https://aka.ms/sspr(extrernal link)
3. Enter the pictured characters in the designated field.
4. Finish by selecting “Next” / ”Seuraava”.
5. If you have forgotten your password, select “I forgot my password”/ “Unohdin salasanani” and click “Next” / “Seuraava”.
6. If you remember your password but cannot sign in, select
“I know my password, but still can't sign in”/ “Tiedän salasanani mutta en silti pysty kirjautumaan sisään” and select “Next” / “Seuraava”.
7. Select “Text my mobile phone” / “Lähetä tekstiviesti matkapuhelimeeni”, enter your phone number in the designated field and select “Text” / “Teksti”.
8. Enter the code sent to your phone in the browser and select “Next” / “Seuraava”.
9. If you did not remember your password, enter the new password twice and select “Finish” / “Valmis”.
10. You will receive an e-mail notification of the password change. The password has now been changed! You can use your new password to sign in to EDU O365 services.