Espoonlahti Health Centre moves to temporary premises on Matinkatu in Matinkylä
For the next few years, the clients of the Espoonlahti Health Centre can visit the temporary Matinkatu Health Centre, which is located in Matinkylä and scheduled to open on 1 November 2021. The Kivenlahti Health Centre will continue to serve its customers as usual. You must book an appointment to visit the Soukka Health Centre as the centre does not have a patient office, nor does it offer urgent care.
The Espoonlahti Health Centre suffered water damage in April 2020. As the building was already nearing the end of its service life, a decision was made to renovate the building. Renovation planning is well under way, and construction work is scheduled for 2023–2024. If all goes according to plan, the new and improved Espoonlahti Health Centre will open in the summer of 2024. The interior spaces of the health centre will be completely renovated to meet modern service needs.
The Matinkatu Health Centre is located in Matinkylä at Matinkatu 1.
Contact information for the Matinkatu Health Centre:
- Health centres’ customer service number, tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–16:00. Text message service for the deaf and hard of hearing, tel. 040 639 3945. We have a call-back system.
- The laboratory and imaging services closest to the Matinkatu Health Centre are located at the Iso Omena Service Centre (address Suomenlahdentie 1, 3rd floor).
- The clients of the Espoonlahti Health Centre can request to have their prescriptions renewed either by the Espoonlahti or the Matinkatu Health Centre. The clients of the Kivenlahti Health Centre will have their prescriptions renewed by their own health centre as usual.
Transport connections from Espoonlahti to Matinkatu
There are several buses available to Espoonlahti Health Centre clients who need to visit the Matinkatu Health Centre. The buses stop at the Iso Omena bus terminal in Matinkylä, at some 600 metres’ walking distance from the Matinkatu Health Centre. You can also take bus number 112 from the Iso Omena bus terminal to the health centre. You have to get off at the following stop, which is the Matinniitty bus stop.
The following buses run from the Espoonlahti Health Centre service area to the Iso Omena bus terminal:
- From the Espoonlahti area: 146, 147, 165
- From the Soukka area: 143, 145, 147
- From Latokaski and Nöykkiö: 157, 158, 159 and buses 134 and 136, which run on Finnoontie.
Other health centre services during the renovation
The dental clinic will continue operating at the Espoonlahti Health Centre until the autumn of 2022. During the renovation, dental care services will be available at the Matinkatu Health Centre, in Kivenlahti and Nöykkiö, and at Espoo’s other dental clinics.
On 1 August 2021, the Espoonlahti physiotherapy unit moved to temporary premises at Friisikalliontie 10.
The Espoonlahti mental health and substance abuse clinic operates in Matinkylä at Kalaonnentie 8.
- Health station