Give boost to your network and impact in the Smart Otaniemi development!
Smart Otaniemi aims to be one of the leading development environments for future bound smart and sustainable urban solutions. For companies, that means easily accessible world-class RDI facilities and co-operation that supports success.
Get involved and make a difference!
In autumn 2022, we will draw up a shared vision and a roadmap for further development of Smart Otaniemi environment. We welcome you to join us in creating the vision in a face-to-face event on 12th October 2022 @ 8:30 - 15:15 at Design Factory (Betonimiehenkuja 5 C).
This is an amazing networking opportunity for your business, and a great chance to have an impact on the development of Smart Otaniemi! The partnership network consists of the City of Espoo’s decision-makers and development project officers, business representatives (transport, energy, construction) and representatives of education and research organizations.
Smart Otaniemi event on 12th October 2022
8:30 Registration, coffee and networking
9:00 Welcome and agenda - Mari Päätalo, City of Espoo
9:05 Challenge framing and discussion
• Towards carbon neutral traffic and mobility in the City of Espoo - Mari Päätalo, City of Espoo
• Energy in the city - Jani Tartia, City of Espoo
• Sustainable campus - Satu Kankaala, ACRE
• Sustainable energy management - Jan Mattsson, Schneider
• Smart city digital backbone - Juha Salmelin, Nokia
10:30 Break and networking
10:45 Co-creation case from Otaniemi: Energy communities
• Opportunities and challenges in energy communities - Ismo Heimonen, VTT
• Energy communities and services - Verneri Kohonen, Caruna
11:30 Espoo Innovation Story - Mervi Heinaro, City of Espoo
11:45 Lunch & networking
12:45 Co-creation case from Otaniemi: Zero Emission Mobility Hub
• Introduction to Zero Emission Mobility HUB - Sanna Öörni, VTT
13:15 Co-creation case from Otaniemi: People Flow
• Smart city data for next generation people flows - Olli Pihlajamaa, VTT
• People Flow Campus Pilot - Iisakki Kosonen, Aalto University
• Aapo Pöyhönen, Nodeon Oy
• People flow data as a success factor for HSL - Marko Vihervuori, HSL
14:15 Learning Cafe and networking
15:15 End of the event
Register to the event as soon as possible via the link below! The registration ends on Friday 7th October 2022. Please feel free to forward this invitation to your colleagues! The detailed agenda will be sent to registered attendees on Monday 10th October 2022. Workshop will be held in English.
We welcome you to join us in creating a shared vision of Smart Otaniemi!
Smart Otaniemi development environment comprehensive plan is part of The Implementation Pathway for Environments that Accelerate Sustainable Growth KETO project. The project is run by the City of Espoo, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Aalto University and Omnia, together with several business partners. Project is funded by European Union’s REACT-EU ERDF and is part of the European Union’s response to the covid-19 pandemic.