The world changed overnight when Russia attacked Ukraine on Thursday 24 February 2022. Espoo has zero tolerance towards discrimination and inappropriate treatment of others. At the same time, we are preparing for possible threats.
Ukraine has been attacked by the Russian army by order of the Russian state leadership. People of Russian origin living in Finland cannot be blamed for the situation in Ukraine. It is important that we all support Ukraine and the Ukrainian people – both those who have stayed in their home country and those who have fled the war. Hate speech and harassment do not help anyone in this situation. We hope that people can come together and channel this frustration and energy into helping those in distress.
We will update the content on this page as we get more information.
- Espoo.fi: Ukraine-related news
- espoo.fi/en/energy - Responding to the energy situation 2022–2023
- Finnish Immigration Service: Answers to frequently asked questions(external link)
- Finnish government: Russian invasion of Ukraine(external link)
- InfoFinland.fi(external link): A multilingual website that provides important information for people moving to and living in Finland.