Employment pilot in Espoo
18 000 Espoo jobseekers are being transferred from TE office to the City of Espoo from 1st March 2021 on. Are you one of them? Here you can find information about the employment pilot in Espoo.
We welcome you as a client of Employment Espoo
Employment Espoo is a unit offering TE services and municipal services to jobseekers in Espoo. We are part of a nationwide employment pilot. Our goals are to
- find each jobseeker’s own path to work, education or other services
- provide companies with skilled labour.
The local government pilot on employment, which is also referred to as the municipal employment trial, is a national project in which some of the tasks of the TE Office are transferred to the municipality. The pilot will be carried out in 125 municipalities. In Uusimaa, the municipalities of Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kerava, Porvoo, Raasepori and Hanko will participate in the pilot. The pilot begins on 1 March 2021 and ends on 30 June 2023.
In accordance with the Government Programme of Finland, the role of local governments as organisers of employment services will be strengthened. The Parliament has approved an Act on the local government pilot on employment, and the Act enters into force on 1 March 2021.
The results of the local government pilot on employment are intended to be used in designing new service models. The Finnish Government outlines the permanent service structure of labour policy during the government term.
The purpose of the pilot is to improve access to the labour market for those who have been unemployed for a long period and those who are disadvantaged. In addition, the pilot aims to develop services that support the jobseeker’s employment and service models that take into account the client’s situation and service needs on an individual basis.
- from this website
- espoo.fi/työllisyyspalvelut - Information about the employment services in Espoo
- TE Office website(external link)
- The website of the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities(external link) provides information on employment trials in other municipalities
How does this apply to me?
You will become a client of Employment Espoo if:
- your municipality of residence is Espoo, and
- you have registered as a jobseeker and are unemployed, laid off, employed or in a service promoting employment, and
- you belong to one of the following groups:
- you receive labour market subsidy or basic unemployment allowance from Kela, or
- your native language is not Finnish, Swedish or Sami, or you do not have Finnish citizenship, or
- you are under 30 years of age.
The TE Office sends each person being transferred to the pilot a letter or message in the E-services. The TE Office may also provide the information in person when you deal with the TE Office.
No. The transfer to being an Employment Espoo client takes place automatically. You do not need to contact Employment Espoo or the TE Office due to the transfer.
If your client relationship remains with the TE Office, you will not receive a separate notification of this and there will be no changes to your use of services.
No. It does not affect the unemployment security which has already granted. Apply for unemployment benefits from Kela or the unemployment fund as before.
If your client relationship is transferred to the City of Espoo, your affairs will be handled by a personal coach from the City of Espoo. Your coach will help you search for a job and deal with the authorities. You can ask your coach for advice and set up meetings.
- Use e-services. You can take care of almost all job search matters online in the Oma asiointi e(external link)-services(external link). Employment Espoo uses the same electronic system as the TE Office.
- Call telephone counselling if you have any questions. You can use the national telephone service of the TE Office and Employment Espoo telephone counselling.
- Send e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
During the COVID-19 pandemic we prefer remote service and appointments.
You will receive the services of the TE Office and municipal services according to your needs. Some services are the same as before and others are new.
Register as a jobseeker
- in the Oma asiointi e-services(external link)
- on the online form or by phone
- by visiting TE Services' Espoo office at the Sello Shopping Centre. Opening hours Mon–Fri 9:00–16:15.
Your client relationship in the local government pilot will remain with Employment Espoo throughout the local government pilot, i.e. until 30 June 2023.
- Your client relationship will be transferred to your new municipality of residence if that municipality is participating in the local government pilot.
- If your new municipality of residence is not part of the local government pilot, you will become a client of the TE Office.
- You will be notified where your client relationship will go.