Child welfare notification

Anyone who notices that a child, a young person or a family needs help can submit a child welfare notification. A private individual can submit a child welfare notification anonymously.

You can also ask for help and support together with another authority, such as a day care, school or health care employee. In these situations, you or the authority will contact Social Services.

Child welfare notifications are submitted to the child welfare office of the child’s residential area.

After contacting us or submitting a child welfare notification, the child and family’s need for support and services will be assessed together with the family. They will only become clients of child welfare services, if necessary, after their need for services has been assessed.

In case of a sudden crisis, contact Social and Crisis Emergency Services, tel. +358 9 81642439 (open around the clock).