Non-residents’ applications for Espoo’s housing services

People who are in institutional care or who require housing services and family care may choose their home municipality.

If you live outside of Espoo and are unable to live independently, you can apply for institutional care, housing services or family care in Espoo. The municipality will review your application, assess your overall service situation and make a decision.


Fill in an application form intended for non-residents of Espoo (‘Ulkopaikkakuntalaisen hakemus asumispalveluihin’) and send it by post. 

When applying for a place in a nursing home for the elderly:
Services for the elderly
Nestori Guidance and Service Counselling for Senior Citizens
Advice on housing services
PO Box 2308, 02070 City of Espoo
tel. 09 8163 3333

When applying for a place in institutional care for the disabled:
Services for the disabled
PO Box 2513, 02070 City of Espoo
tel. 09 8164 5285

When applying for a place in a rehabilitation institution for a person with mental health or substance abuse problems:
Mental health and substance abuse services/client advice
PO Box 2314, 02070 City of Espoo
tel. 040 639 4489

The application must be signed by the applicant, their legal guardian or donee. If the application is signed by any other person, a power of attorney must be included as an attachment. Please read more on how to access services on behalf of another.