Competence Centre for Highly Educated Immigrants (Koske)
The Competence Centre for Highly Educated Immigrants offers career counselling, various trainings in job hunting, language courses, studies in the clients' field of expertize, workshops, peer support groups, mentoring, job openings with our partner companies, recruitment events and more.
Espoo’s competence centre for highly educated immigrants supports unemployed international experts living in Espoo in job seeking, competence-building and to contact potential employers.
We help jobseekers to identify their own strengths and develop their job seeking skills. We help employers to find international experts and talents.
We offer support to unemployed highly educated immigrants in job seeking and competence development.
Services for jobseekers
The competence centre for highly educated immigrants duration is 10 months. The same career counsellor will support you throughout your service period, and meetings with them will be organized a few times during your coaching period, as needed.
We provide you with
- an understanding of your potential and strengths in the Finnish labour market.
- a career counsellor who will support you throughout coaching
- options for developing your skills and competences
- help with job seeking independently and in group mentoring sessions
- advice from a business coordinator on extending your networks
- suggestions for coaching and further education or courses that could improve your expertise.
Together with your career counsellor, you will map your initial situation, set goals and choose the other services that suit your specific situation.
If necessary, your career counsellor will also refer you to other services to support your personal competence development, for example in:
- Finnish and Swedish language courses
- ICT skills courses
- competence recognition and further development
- recruitment events and mentoring
- wellness groups
- career coaching
- labour market orientation.
How do I become a client?
Send a message to your personal coach through the Oma asiointi e-service(extrernal link) (page available in Finnish or Swedish). Indicate your interest in the competence centre for highly educated immigrants. Ask if it would be possible for you to start with the service. Your personal coach will direct you to us.
We are looking for you who:
- are unemployed jobseeker
- live in Espoo
- are born abroad
- have a university degree
- speak and write Finnish at level B1.1 or
- have a fluent command of English, if you want to work in English
- are looking for a full-time job.
Services for employers
Employer, are you interested in hiring international experts and talents who are already living in Espoo? We offer free of charge recruitment services as part of Business Espoo’s services.
You can also contact our business coordinators for more information.