Social and Patient Ombudsman
You can contact the Social and Patient Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the care, treatment or services provided by a health care or social welfare unit. The ombudsman can also be contacted by a client’s or patient’s family member or friend, Espoo residents or collaboration partners taking care of client and patient matters.
The Social and Patient Ombudsman:
- provides advice and guidance on matters related to the application of the Act on the Status and Rights of Patients;
- provides advice on matters related to a client’s status and rights;
- provides information on a client’s rights;
- works to promote and implement a client’s rights;
- provides advice on and, if necessary, assists with submitting an objection.
The Social and Patient Ombudsman cannot act as a legal representative for clients but is an impartial party who advocates for the rights of clients. The Social and Patient Ombudsman does not make decisions and does not express their opinion on the activities of the unit or staff that provided the care.
The services of the Social and Patient Ombudsman are free of charge for the patient.
The Patient Ombudsman of the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS) provides advice on matters related to specialised medical care (Jorvi Hospital). See the contact details of the HUS patient ombudsmen here.(extrernal link)
In Espoo, the duties of the social and patient ombudsmen have been combined. The Social and Patient Ombudsman is Eva Peltola.
Eva PeltolaSocial and Patient Ombudsman09 816 email@example.comPostal address P.O. Box 205 02070 City of Espoo
Advisory service. You can leave a call-back request from Monday to Thursday between 11:00 and 13:00. To discuss issues face-to-face, you must book an appointment.