Preliminary health checks before call-ups
You can book an appointment with the public health nurse at your school or with a nurse at the centralised student health services location. The centralised location serves all students regardless of their school.
If you are not a student, you will need to book an appointment at the centralised student health services location. If you are an Espoo resident but do not study in Espoo, the preliminary health examination will be primarily carried out at your school. However, if you wish to undergo the preliminary health examination in Espoo, you should book an appointment at the centralised student health services location.
How to book a health check appointment
- Book an appointment online Appointments online for the Health Services > Compulsory enrolment booking(external link) (you will need to have online banking codes or a mobile ID) or
- Call the nurse at your school, see Contact information; or
- Call the centralised telephone service of Student Health Services, tel. 09 8166 1234, Mon–Fri 9:00−13:00.
The centralised school och student health services is in Espoon keskus.
The health check includes an appointment with a public health nurse (30 minutes) and a doctor (30 minutes).
Bring with you:
- the completed preliminary questionnaire of the Finnish Defence Forces
- your ID
- glasses if you have them. Do not wear contact lenses during your health check.
- medical statements and information on any examinations and treatments that you think may affect your military service.
Please only attend your appointment if you are in full health.
Through the TerkkariChat, you can contact a nurse for advice and guidance. The TerkkariChat is open from Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 13:00.
Video: Preliminary health checks before call-ups (in Finnish)