Contact with Social and Health Services on another person’s behalf
If you find it difficult to use e-services yourself, you can authorise somebody else to use health care e-services on your behalf.
You can give the authorisation by filling in a form which you can find at the bottom of this page. (Will be updated!)
The form authorises a person you trust to use the following health care e-services of the City of Espoo on your behalf:
- Health care appointment booking (dental care, maternal and child health clinics, health centres)
- Self-care and Health File
- SMS reminders
- Forms for advance information
Deliver the signed form personally to one of the city’s health care units (e.g. a health centre, maternity and child health clinic, school or student health care or dental clinic). The health care unit will enter the authorisation and its limits into the patient information system. You can authorise someone for a fixed period of time or until further notice. You can cancel the authorisation by filling in a cancellation form and delivering it to any of the health care units of the City of Espoo. You can find the cancellation form at the bottom of this page.
Parents (guardians) are responsible for the well-being of their children who are younger than 18. However, if an underage person has reached an age and a developmental level where they are able to make decisions concerning their health care, they may deny their parents’ access to their health information.
The healthcare e-services handle information about health and health care. The e-services will ask children older than 14 if they want a parent or guardian to use health care e-services on their behalf. Parents cannot access their child’s health information without the child’s consent. Children under 14 who are able to decide on their own care can also deny their parents access to their health information. In this case, the parents cannot use e-services on the child’s behalf.
If you find it difficult to manage your personal affairs, you can authorise somebody else to handle your matters with Disability Services on your behalf. An authorisation is always voluntary.
You can give the authorisation by filling in a form which you can find at the bottom of this page.
You can authorise another person to handle the following matters with the City of Espoo Disability Services on your behalf:
- submit applications and appendices related to disability services
- obtain information about the processing of an application
- obtain information about the content of decisions regarding disability services
- obtain information about other matters specified in the authorisation
- attend meetings on your behalf
Please sign the form and take it to the Disability Services unit (P.O. Box 2513, 02070 Espoo), where the authorisation and its limitations will be entered into the client data system.
You can sign the authorisation for a maximum of five years at a time. After this, you will need to sign a new authorisation.
You can cancel the authorisation by filling in a cancellation form and delivering it to Disability Services. You can find the cancellation form at the bottom of this page.
Please note that a service provider cannot act on behalf of the client using a power of attorney in matters that affect the service that is being provided.
- Download file: Valtakirja vammaispalvelut.pdf.Valtakirja vammaispalvelut.pdfFile is only available in FinnishFile is only available in Finnish
- Download file: Puolesta asioinnin peruutus vammaispalvelut.pdf.Puolesta asioinnin peruutus vammaispalvelut.pdfFile is only available in FinnishFile is only available in Finnish