In line with the Government’s most recent guidelines, the City of Espoo will gradually reopen its sports facilities.
Starting from 14 May
- Sports clubs can continue using their regular time slots at outdoor sports facilities. It is each club’s responsibility to avoid close contact and follow the Government’s guidelines in terms of group sizes during their training sessions.
- The changing rooms at outdoor sports facilities will still be closed, but the toilets will be available wherever possible.
Physical Activity Counselling will be open again from Monday to Friday between 12:00 and 13:00.
Starting from 1 June
- The changing rooms at outdoor sports facilities will be open again.
- Sports clubs can continue using their regular time slots at indoor sports facilities.
- Lifeguards will start to supervise the beaches.
- Our plan is to open the indoor and outdoor swimming pools, but we are still trying to figure out how we will control the maximum number of customers and monitor and give instructions on safe distances and hygiene rules.
- Sports competitions and series can begin under special arrangements. We will take account of the sports associations’ guidelines and follow the recommendations provided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) and the Regional State Administrative Agency (AVI).
- The multisport camps that will be organised in collaboration with clubs in Espoonlahti and Leppävaara will take place.
- The scheduled archipelago boats start running as planned on 6 June.
Read more about the current situation of services in Espoo: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus