Latest update: 25 May 2020 at 9.40
This is how we serve you during the coronavirus pandemic:
Advice for Immigrants in different languages
Coronavirus instructions online in different languages
- Espoo telephone service in different languages Mon–Fri at 10:00–16:00:
- tel. 09 816 22610 (in English and plain Finnish)
- tel. 09 816 22620 (in Arabic, Russian, Dari, Farsi, Persian, Somali, Turkish, Estonian, Albanian, French, Mandariin Chinese, Vietnam, Tagalog, Visayan).
Information about the coronavirus in different languages (THL)
Immigrant Services in Espoo
Coronavirus Helpline and testing
If you suspect you have contracted the coronavirus, call Espoo’s coronavirus helpline, tel. 09 816 34600 (Mon–Fri at 7:00–18:00). Outside these hours, please call the Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117.
- Everyone with symptoms of the coronavirus (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste or diarrhea/abdominal pain without any other clear reason) can get tested. We will give you testing instructions on the phone.
- SMS service for the hearing impaired at Samaria health centre, tel. 043 825 1811
- You can also assess your symptoms at www.omaolo.fi and you will get instructions based on your symptoms.
Instructions for treatment at home:
The contact information of health service in other matters
Please notice that you can only visit a health centre if you have booked an appointment.
Appointment booking to Espoo health centres in other matters than corona, tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00
- Oma Lääkärisi Matinkylä, tel. 09 855 4100, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00
The Medical Helpline will help you in the evening and at weekends when health centres are closed. Tel. 116 117.
- Contact information of health centres in Espoo: espoo.fi/healthcentres
- Video appointments with an on-call nurse are available. Go to the appointment booking system: espoo.terveytesi.fi
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and the Concern Hotline
- If the coronavirus is making you feel worried or anxious, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services are there to help you from Monday to Friday, 8:00–16:00, tel. 09 816 31300. Outside these hours, you can call the Social and crisis emergency services, tel. 09 816 42439.
- Appointments, guidance and advice on mental health and substances is also available from our telephone service, from Monday to Friday, 8:00–16:00, tel. 09 816 31300.
- Appointments cannot be booked online until further notice.
- Group meetings and activities have been cancelled for now.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Dental care is only available in urgent cases. Dental check-ups and other non-urgent care have been postponed. We will not perform any orthodontic screenings or start new orthodontic treatment periods until further notice.
Environmental Healt Care customer service is only open by appointment: Environmental Healt Care (in Finnish and Swedish)
Services for children, young people and families with children
All coronavirus news that apply to families with children
Maternity and child health clinics see pregnant women and children up to the child’s health check-up at 1 year of age. Other appointments are available if necessary.
Welfare Services for Families with Children support your daily life, parenting and relationship:
- Please ask us to contact you by filling in a form online: www.espoo.fi/gethelp
- The telephone service for families with children now has extended opening hours, Mon–Fri 8:30–15:00, tel. 09 816 23600.
- All group activities for families with children have been cancelled until further notice.
Welfare Services for Families with Children
In matters concerning school and student health services, please contact the public health nurse of your school or the centralised telephone service of School and Student Health Services, tel. 09 8166 1234, Mon–Fri 8:30–15:30. The nurses’ chat service, TerkkariChat, is open from Monday to Friday between 8:30 and 15:30. School and student health care during the coronavirus pandemic
Child Welfare Services continue serve clients as usual: Child Welfare Services
Non-urgent physiotherapy, occupational therapy and psychologists’ services for children have been reduced. We will hold as many appointments as we can either remotely or by phone. Effects of the coronavirus on rehabilitation services for children
Nestori – Guidance and Service Counselling for Senior Citizens now has extended opening hours: Mon–Fri 8:00–16:00, tel. 09 816 33333. Nestori can for example advise you on how to get groceries if your personal support network cannot help you.
- Service centres for senior citizens are closed.
- Visits to nursing homes and hospitals are forbidden. You can visit your loved ones in hospice care if you agree on this with the staff in advance.
Effects of the coronavirus on senior citizens’ everyday lives: tips and answers to frequently asked questions.
Social Services for Adults
- The helpline of Social Services for Adults, tel. 09 816 45000, Mon–Fri 8:00–12:00.
- We will only meet clients face-to-face in the most urgent emergency situations. We will handle all other client appointments by phone or using remote communication tools.
- All groups organised by Adult Social Work have been suspended until further notice.
- You can apply for social assistance online.
Social Services for Adults
Information about the services of the City of Espoo: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus