We can now continue vaccinating children aged 6 months to 6 years against influenza, as our maternity and child health clinics have received more injectable influenza vaccines. Vaccinations will continue as long as there are vaccines available.
We will now also administer the second dose to those who have not received it. We will also continue to vaccinate pregnant women and the people close to them. The vaccine is administered during a regular maternity and child health clinic appointment. The above-mentioned client group may also book an influenza vaccination appointment at a maternity and child health clinic for the period of 1–12 February 2021.
The influenza vaccine protects a person against influenza and possible complications, such as ear infection, bronchitis, pneumonia, heart attack and cerebrovascular disorder.
Safe and smooth vaccination for all
- Only attend your vaccination appointment if you are healthy.
- Please only come to your appointment just before it to prevent overcrowding in our waiting rooms.
- We recommend that clients aged 15 and older wear a mask or a face shield.
- Please pay attention to good hand hygiene and maintain safe distances from other clients and staff members whenever possible.
- Please have your Kela card readily available when you are about to get vaccinated.
- We also ask you to wear clothes that make it easy to bare your upper arm.