Family Counselling Centres
The Family Counselling Centres of the City of Espoo offer guidance, counselling and support for children younger than 13 and their parents. If you are facing challenges related to family relationships, parenting or your relationship with your partner, we are here to help.
Please feel free to contact us in the following situations:
- You are concerned about your child’s behaviour or mood.
- The atmosphere at home is tense or the parents have relationship problems.
- You have questions about parenting and parenthood.
- You are facing a new situation in life, for example as a single parent or as a step-parent in a blended family, or you need help to cope with divorce.
- You need family mediation to agree on shared parenting after divorce.
Our staff includes psychologists and family counsellors. Discussions with us are always confidential and free of charge.
You may contact us directly, no referral is needed. You may visit us as a family, with your partner or alone. The majority of our clients receive the help they need during 1 to 5 visits. You may visit us up to 15 times. We also offer support groups for children and adults.
Our therapeutic services for families with infants offer support during pregnancy and for families with children younger than 12 months. To get therapeutic services, please contact a public health nurse at your maternity and child health clinic first.
If you are facing conflicts in your family or relationship, you may turn to our family mediation services. Read more about family mediation
Youth family counselling
Espoo’s youth family counselling supports the parents of 13–17-year-old children. We provide counselling for youth-related parenting issues, such as raising young