Salmonella certificate

  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

All students due to undertake work experience in the food industry or on neonatal wards must obtain a salmonella certificate in their first year of study. The certificates are issued by the student health service. Once you have been issued with your first certificate, you will need to apply for a new one if you spend more than four days outside of the Nordic countries. You will also need a new certificate if you or someone else in your household has experienced diarrhoea or vomiting symptoms in the past month.

Salmonella is a bacterial infection that affects the gastrointestinal tract.  Under the Communicable Diseases Act, salmonella is classed as a generally hazardous communicable disease, with special measures in place to prevent its spread.