Due to the coronavirus, we have made changes to our services.
Advice and appointment booking
Appointment booking online
- Appointment booking by telephone on weekdays 8 am–4 pm tel. 09 816 31300. You can use the same number to book appointments for the adults' services as well for the Nupoli Youth Clinic(for young people aged 13–22).
- If you cancel an appointment, you must do it before 2 pm on the previous weekday. Cancellations can be made online or by phone.
Mental health services online aroud the clock
Some of these online services and websites are only available in Finnish.
MentalHub flr adults: Information, tests and self-care instructions.
Online therapies: For getting online therapy, you need a referral from a doctor. Contact your health centre.
AddictionLink: Information about substance abuse and addiction.
Peluuri: Help with problems and crises caused by gambling.
For young people
MentalHub for young people: Information, tests and a self-care programme.
Sekasin-chat: Talk about anything on your mind anonymously and confidentially (service provided by the Finnish Association for Mental Health).
For children and families
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services’ group activities will restart on 1 June 2020.
Morning group weekdays 9–10:30 am, Service centre Emppu, Kalaonnentie 8, ground floor
The group is intended for adult Espoo residents who wish to discuss their use of substances. Participation in the group is recommended for example for the clients of the mental health and substance abuse clinic and persons who have gone through detoxification or institutional rehabilitation. However, you can participate even if you are not a client of our other services. The morning group is led by 1–2 employees of the mental health and substance abuse clinic together with an expert by experience. Peer support is also an integral part of the group. The most important rule in the group is that the participants may not be under the influence of intoxicants. Participation in the group is free of charge. The group speaks Finnish.
Well-being group Wednesday 16-17:30, Kalaonnentie 8, 2nd floor
The well-being group will meet on 3, 10, 17 and 24 June and then go on a summer break. The group will meet again on 12 August.
The group is intended for adult Espoo residents who are concerned about their mental health and ability to cope. The aim of the well-being group is to help the participants enhance and maintain their mental well-being. The group will discuss various themes around mental well-being, such as sleep, emotional self-regulation and depression. To participate in the group, talk to the employee you have previously been in contact with. Alternatively, you can call the customer service and counselling number of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, tel. 09 816 31300. Participation is free of charge. The participants may not be under the influence of intoxicants. The group speaks Finnish.
Sobering-up and detoxification
Vitikka 1 E 1, Kilo police station
Open every day around the clock
For advice, call 046 877 3678
The sobering-up station provides urgent on-call treatment for intoxication. The services are free-of-charge to clients.
- The services are intended for people who need medical monitoring due to physical or mental symptoms occurring during intoxication but are not in need of hospital treatment.
- Advice concerning substance abuse treatment
- Clean syringes and needles – you can also bring small amounts of used syringes and needles to us for disposal.
Appointment booking and assessment of need for care, tel. 046 877 3708 weekdays 8:30–11:30 am
Service centre Emppu, Kalaonnentie 8 (Matinkylä)
Contact us, if you cannot stop using substances. We will evaluate your situation together and look for the most suitable alternative for you.
- In outpatient detoxification you live at home and make daily visits to the clinic. If necessary, we can bring services to your home. Outpatient detoxification is free-of-charge.
- In round-the-clock treatment, you stay in the treatment facility for a certain period of time. The client fee depends on your income.
Opioid replacement therapy
The purpose of replacement therapy for opioid addicts is quitting drug use and achieving rehabilitation or improving the quality of life by reducing the adverse effects of drugs. The treatment is a long-term process that mainly consists of outpatient treatment. If you wish to get opioid replacement therapy, you need a referral from a doctor.
- Ask for a referral at your health centre.
- With the referral, you get to the HUS Addiction Psychiatry Clinic, where your situation is assessed and you ge the treatment that meets your needs.
Linkki health advice and support centre
The City of Espoo´s Linkki services are intended for persons who use drugs intravenously. At Linkki, you can meet social and helth care professionals anonymously without booking an appointment.
Linkki is open:
- Mon 10:00-15:00
- Tue 10:00-15:00
- Wed 10:00-17:00
- Thu 10:00-15:00
- Fri 10:00-15:00
Tel. 09-816 27360 or 040-551 9725, Kannusillankatu 8, Espoon keskus
Linkki offers clean injection equipment and information about drug-related health issues, ways to improve your health, infections diseases and social services. You can also get tested for infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, HIV and sexually transmitted diseases. You can get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B, influenza or tetanus and get small wounds treated. A doctor is also available to see clients every week. The doctor is available on Wednesdays from 15:00 to 16:00.
Temporary housing for homeless Espoo residents
Crisis housing unit Viisikko for sober persons
Kuninkaantie 41 D, P.O.Box 2553, 02070 City of Espoo
You can get housing at Viisikko by contacting social services or the social and crises emergency services.
The crisis housing unit Viisikko offers temporary accommodation to homeless Espoo residents who are adults and sober. Viisikko will help you get your life back on track and find an apartment.
Olarinluoma reception home for persons with substance abuse problems
Luomanportti 9, P.O.Box 20205, 02070 City of Espoo
tel. 050 0515 978
You can come to the reception home on any day and at any time; staff is present around the clock. The Olarinluoma reception home offers temporary accommodation and related basic services. We help you to find permanent accommodation or treatment.
Supported housing and sheltered housing
ASupportes and sheltered housing service counselling: write to us at email@example.com.
Housing services are available to persons in mental health rehabilitation and to persons with substance abuse problems. We will find a solution that best suits your situation:
- Persons in mental health rehabilitation can get support for independent living if they have disabilities caused by their mental disorder.
- Espoon Asunnot offers supported housing apartments to homeless persons in mental health rehabilitation as long as they are motivated to get well and need support for independent living.
- The Auroranportti supported housing unit (Aurorankuja 2) is intended for persons in mental health rehabilitation who cannot manage in ordinary supported housing.
- The Sepänkylä (Palomiehentie 1 A) tel. 050 5004 952, Neppers (Vanhankartanontie 29) tel. 050 5727 709 and Olarinluoma (Luomanportti 11) supported housing units are for homeless Espoo residents that have serious substance abuse problems and need help to learn to live without intoxicants.
- The Olarinluoma sheltered housing (Luomanportti 11) is for Espoo residents with substance abuse problems who have a lower ability to function for example because of a disease or an injury.
The resident pays a rent and a client fee that depends on their income.