Our telephone service, tel. 09 816 31300, is open Monday–Friday 8:00–16:00 if you want to book an appointment or need guidance and counselling. Adults may also book an appointment online.
If the coronavirus is making you feel worried or anxious, you can call our telephone service (Mon–Fri 8:00–16:00) or for example the crisis hotline of MIELI Mental Health Finland, tel. 09 2525 0113.
Advice and appointment booking
Appointment booking online
- Appointment booking by telephone on weekdays 8 am–4 pm tel. 09 816 31300. You can use the same number to book appointments for the adults' services as well for the Nupoli Youth Clinic(for young people aged 13–22).
- If you cancel an appointment, you must do it before 2 pm on the previous weekday. Cancellations can be made online or by phone.
Mental health services online aroud the clock
Some of these online services and websites are only available in Finnish.
MentalHub flr adults: Information, tests and self-care instructions.
Online therapies: For getting online therapy, you need a referral from a doctor. Contact your health centre.
AddictionLink: Information about substance abuse and addiction.
Peluuri: Help with problems and crises caused by gambling.
For young people
MentalHub for young people: Information, tests and a self-care programme.
Sekasin-chat: Talk about anything on your mind anonymously and confidentially (service provided by the Finnish Association for Mental Health).
For children and families
Morning group weekdays 9–10:30 am, Service centre Emppu, Kalaonnentie 8, 2nd floor
The morning group will not have meetings between 24 November 2020 and 31 January 2021.
As of 7 September, the morning group meets on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:00 to 10:30.
The group has a maximum limit of 10 participants.
The group is intended for adult Espoo residents who wish to discuss their use of substances. Participation in the group is recommended for example for the clients of the mental health and substance abuse clinic and persons who have gone through detoxification or institutional rehabilitation. However, you can participate even if you are not a client of our other services. The morning group is led by 1–2 employees of the mental health and substance abuse clinic together with an expert by experience. Peer support is also an integral part of the group. The most important rule in the group is that the participants may not be under the influence of intoxicants. Participation in the group is free of charge. The group speaks Finnish.
Well-being group Wednesday 16-17:30, Kalaonnentie 8, 2nd floor
The well-being group will not have meetings until further notice!
The group is intended for adult Espoo residents who are concerned about their mental health and ability to cope. The aim of the well-being group is to help the participants enhance and maintain their mental well-being. The group will discuss various themes around mental well-being, such as sleep, emotional self-regulation and depression. To participate in the group, talk to the employee you have previously been in contact with. Alternatively, you can call the customer service and counselling number of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, tel. 09 816 31300. Participation is free of charge. The participants may not be under the influence of intoxicants. The group speaks Finnish.
Sobering-up and detoxification
Kalaonnentie 8, 02230 Matinkylä Espoo.
Open every day around the clock
For advice, call 046 877 3678
The sobering-up station provides urgent on-call treatment for intoxication. The services are free-of-charge to clients.
- The services are intended for people who need medical monitoring due to physical or mental symptoms occurring during intoxication but are not in need of hospital treatment.
- Advice concerning substance abuse treatment
Appointment booking and assessment of need for care, tel. 046 877 3708 weekdays 8:30–11:30 am
Service centre Emppu, Kalaonnentie 8 (Matinkylä)
Contact us, if you cannot stop using substances. We will evaluate your situation together and look for the most suitable alternative for you.
- In outpatient detoxification you live at home and make daily visits to the clinic. If necessary, we can bring services to your home. Outpatient detoxification is free-of-charge.
- In round-the-clock treatment, you stay in the treatment facility for a certain period of time. The client fee depends on your income.
Opioid replacement therapy
The purpose of replacement therapy for opioid addicts is quitting drug use and achieving rehabilitation or improving the quality of life by reducing the adverse effects of drugs. The treatment is a long-term process that mainly consists of outpatient treatment. If you wish to get opioid replacement therapy, you need a referral from a doctor.
- Ask for a referral at your health centre.
- With the referral, you get to the HUS Addiction Psychiatry Clinic, where your situation is assessed and you ge the treatment that meets your needs.
Linkki health advice and support centre
The City of Espoo´s Linkki services are intended for persons who use drugs intravenously. At Linkki, you can meet social and helth care professionals anonymously without booking an appointment.
Linkki is open:
- Mon 10:00-15:00
- Tue 10:00-15:00
- Wed 10:00-17:00
- Thu 10:00-15:00
- Fri 10:00-15:00
Tel. 09-816 27360 or 040-551 9725, Kannusillankatu 8, Espoon keskus
Linkki offers clean injection equipment and information about drug-related health issues, ways to improve your health, infections diseases and social services. You can also get tested for infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, HIV and sexually transmitted diseases. You can get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B, influenza or tetanus and get small wounds treated. A doctor is also available to see clients every week. The doctor is available on Wednesdays from 15:00 to 16:00.
We provide a variety of housing services for the clients of mental health and substance abuse services, including supported, sheltered and intensified sheltered housing. The city owns some apartments, while some services have been outsourced. We will find a solution that best suits your situation. If you need more information about our housing services, please send us an email to email@example.com.
Contact information of the city’s own housing units:
- Auroranportti supported housing unit, address Aurorankuja 2, tel. 046 8773 862
- Sepänkylä supported housing unit, address Palomiehentie 1, tel. 050 5004 952
- Neppers supported housing unit, address Vanhankartanontie 29, tel. 050 5727 709
- Olarinluoma supported housing unit, address Luomanportti 11, tel. 050 5541 702
- Olarinluoma sheltered housing unit, address Luomanportti 11, tel. 043 8247 209
Temporary accommodation at Olarinluoma reception home for homeless Espoo residents who have substance abuse problems
You can come to the reception home at any time of the day without booking an appointment and without a referral. Staff are present around the clock. The Olarinluoma reception home offers temporary accommodation and related basic services. We will also help you find permanent accommodation or a treatment facility.
Address Luomanportti 9, P.O. Box 20205, 02070 City of Espoo, tel. 050 0515 978