Do you have a high fever and respiratory symptoms?
If you have these symptoms that are common to an infectious disease such as influenza, measles or other virus infections, please book a video appointment with an on-call nurse or call your local health centre. Stay at home while you await further instructions. This helps us prevent the disease from spreading.
Book a video appointment with an on-call nurse
- Telephone service of Espoo’s health centres, tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00
- Oma Lääkärisi Espoontori, tel. 09 855 4303, Mon–Fri 8:00–16:00
- Oma Lääkärisi Matinkylä, tel. 09 855 4100, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00
The Medical Helpline is there to help you when health centres are closed. Tel. 116 117.
- Contact information of health centres in Espoo: espoo.fi/healthcentres
Good hand hygiene prevents respiratory infections from spreading
How can you avoid infections?
- Keep your hands clean. Always wash your hands when you come to work, before eating, smoking, using snus and when leaving your work station.
- The best way to wash your hands is to use warm water and liquid soap.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitiser if you are not able to use water and liquid soap.
- Do not touch your face around your mouth and nose with dirty hands.
Using a mask over your mouth and nose will not prevent infections. Using a mask may be useful for persons who already have an infection and have to spend time in public areas. A mask will prevent them from spreading the infection to others.