In life-threatening situations, call 112
Dial the emergency number 112 in genuine emergencies when someone’s life, health, property or the environment is threatened or in danger.
First aid and on-call health centre services weekdays 8 am–4 pm
In the event of sudden illness or accident, book an on-call appointment at www.espoo.fi/ehealth or come to the health centre without an appointment. If you need advice, call 09 816 34500
- Espoonlahti Health Centre, Merikansantie 4
- Iso Omena Health Centre, 3rd floor in the Iso Omena shopping centre, Suomenlahdentie 1
- Kalajärvi Health Centre, Ruskaniitty 4
- Kilo Health Centre, Trillakatu 5
- Kivenlahti Health Centre, Meriusva 3
- Leppävaara Health Centre, Konstaapelinkatu 2
- Samaria Health Centre, Terveyskuja 2
- Tapiola Health Centre, Ahertajantie 2
- Viherlaakso Health Centre, Kievarinpolku 1
At Oma Lääkärisi health centres, always call first:
First aid and on-call health centre services, evenings and weekends
The medical helpline 116117 is open when health centres are closed. Always call 116117 before you go to an emergency clinic. The medical helpline will tell you where you need to go to get help.
The medical helpline 116117 will serve Espoo residents
- between 4 pm and 8 am on weekday evenings and nights
- around the clock on weekends and national holidays
The nearest on-call services:
- Jorvi on-call health centre services, Turuntie 150, Espoo (adults and children)
- Emergency outpatient clinic of the New Children's Hospital, Stenbäckinkatu 9 (children under 16 years of age)
- Peijas on-call health centre services, Sairaalakatu 1, Vantaa (adults and children)
On-call dental services
Weekdays 7 am–3 pm
Book an appointment for urgent care (adults) or by telephone 09 816 35900
Children and young people under 18 and persons with reduced mobility receive urgent care at their own dental clinic. Adults receive urgent care at the Kilo dental clinic, Trillakatu 5.
Weekdays 2–9 pm and weekends 8 am–9 pm
Appointment booking for urgent care, tel. 09 471 71110. Always call first.
Haartman Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, Building 12, Helsinki.
Nights 9 pm–8 am
Appointment booking for urgent care, tel. 040 621 5699. Always call first.
Emergency Department, Töölönkatu 40.
Omatila provides help in domestic violence issues, tel. 043 825 0535 weekdays 8 am–4 pm and weekends 9 am–4 pm.
The sobering-up station provides round-the-clock service, tel. 09 816 32469. The sobering-up station helps people who need medical monitoring due to intoxication. Also available are detoxification treatment and advice.
Social and crises emergency services
Social and Crisis Emergency Services provide support around the clock, tel. 09 816 42439.
You can contact us when you need help in coping with sudden crisis, such as anxiety over a child or the family, an accident or other traumatic event, a close person dying or falling seriously ill, being victim of violence, other surprising and sudden crisis situations.
Social and Crisis Emergency Services
Means of coping with a sudden crisis (pdf)
On-call veterinary services
Weekdays 8 am–4 pm
Veterinary services are provided by Espoon Seudun Ympäristöterveys, tel. 09 8168 4458.
At other times
On-call services are provided by the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
Poison information centre