Competence Centre for Highly Educated Immigrants
We offer support to highly educated immigrants in job seeking and competence development
The Competence Centre for Highly Educated Immigrants supports unemployed international experts living in Espoo in job seeking. Our services help you to develop your job seeking skills, competences and to contact potential employers.
Services for jobseekers
The Competence Centre for Highly Educated Immigrants provides you with:
- An understanding of your potential and strengths in the Finnish labour market
- A career counsellor who will support you throughout coaching
- Options for developing your skills and competences
- Help with job seeking independently and in group mentoring sessions
- Advice from a business coordinator on extending your networks
- Suggestions for coaching and further education or courses that improve your expertise
The same career counsellor will support you throughout your service period. Together with your career counsellor, you will map your initial situation and set goals. Together you will choose the services that suit your specific situation.
Meetings with your career counsellor will be organised a few times during your coaching period, as needed. The Competence Centre’s service duration is 3–10 months. If necessary, career counsellor will also refer you to other services to support your personal competence development:
- Finnish and Swedish language courses
- ICT skills courses
- competence recognition and further development
- recruitment events and mentoring
- wellness groups
- career coaching
- labour market orientation.
How do I become a client?
Send a message to your personal coach through the Oma asiointi e-service. You can also send e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate your interest in the Competence Centre for Highly Educated Immigrants. Ask if it would be possible for you to start with the service. Your personal coach will direct you to us.
We are looking for you who:
- are unemployed jobseeker
- live in Espoo
- are born abroad
- have a university degree
- speak and write Finnish at level B1.1 or
- have a fluent command of English, if you want to work in English
- are looking for a full-time job.
Services for employers
Employer, are you interested in hiring international experts and talents who are already living in Espoo? We offer free of charge recruitment services as part of Business Espoo’s services.