Parking will be subject to a fee in certain city-owned on-street parking areas and parking lots in Leppävaara, Matinkylä and Tapiola as of 10 May 2021. These parking areas are located near the city’s service clusters and public transport hubs.
The aim of paid parking is to:
- free up parking spaces for people visiting services;
- make it easier for drivers to find parking spaces;
- speed up the rotation of parking space use;
- utilise digitalised parking data as a traffic planning tool;
- share digitalised parking data as open data with application developers and applications.
Parking fees are charged from Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 20:00 and on Saturdays between 8:00 and 18:00. The parking areas have been divided into two zones:
- In zone 1, the parking fee is EUR 2.00 per hour.
- In zone 2, the parking fee is EUR 1.00 per hour.
Pay for parking with your mobile phone
You can pay your parking fee with your mobile phone – either through an application, via text message or by calling. In addition to the zone fee, you will need to pay the service provider’s service fee, which depends on the payment method. During the first phase, there will be two mobile payment service providers in Espoo: EasyPark and ParkMan.
When using the mobile application, you can also end your parking session early and only pay for the actual duration of parking. There are some exceptions to the pricing of parking in Espoo. Battery electric cars are entitled to a 50% discount on parking fees. In addition, parking fees do not have to be paid for carsharing vehicles.