Energy and renovation subsidies
The Housing Finance and Development Centre of Finland (ARA) grants energy subsidies for renovation projects aimed at improving the energy efficiency of residential buildings. Currently, subsidies are granted for 2020–2022. The subsidies are open for application all year round. Further information on applying for energy subsidies is available on ARA’s website (in Finnish).
ARA grants renovation subsidies for
- the renovation of homes of elderly and disabled people
- condition surveys of apartments and residential buildings with moisture and microbial damage and indoor air problems as well as for the costs of planning the renovations of such buildings.
In addition, housing companies can apply for
- a lift subsidy for the installation of a new lift
- an accessibility subsidy for removing impediments to accessibility
- a subsidy for electric vehicle charging infrastructure, when the installation of charging points requires changes to the building’s electrical systems.
The subsidies are open for application all year round. Further information on applying for renovation subsidies is available on ARA’s website
City of Espoo’s lift subsidy
The City of Espoo does not grant a lift subsidy in 2021.
tel. 040 552 5956
Technical and Environmental Services / Housing Services
Postal address: P.O. Box 49, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Housing Finance and Development Centre of Finland (ARA)