Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, entrepreneurs can be granted relief on ground rent charged by the City. Depending on the industry and situation, the City may grant an exemption from the obligation to pay ground rent for the period of 1 April–30 June 2020 or extend the due date of ground rent for the period of 1 April–31 July 2020. Due dates can be extended without interest up to 31 August 2020.
An exemption from the obligation to pay ground rent can be granted to entrepreneurs operating in the following industries:
- restaurant and other food services
- art, music and event operations
- event programme and banqueting services
- business incubator, business accelerator and other services that promote entrepreneurship
- beauty salons
- sports and health services, including massage and physiotherapy
- marketplace stalls
Applications concerning relief on ground rent should be submitted via e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the message should be Huojennushakemus/Applicant’s name.
The application must include the following information:
- the applicant’s name
- business ID
- address and/or property identifier of the rented area
- description and industry of the activities for which the rented area is used
- a short description of how the state of emergency has changed business activities in the rented area
- the period for which the lessee is requesting a due date extension and the requested new due date
- the period for which the lessee is requesting an exemption from the obligation to pay rent
- if the application concerns a sent invoice, please include the number of the invoice in question.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received, and applicants will be notified of decisions by e-mail. The City will contact the applicant for further information, if necessary.