Due to the coronavirus situation, we carry out non-urgent check-ups depending on the availability of appointments at our clinics.
The maternity and child health clinics’ centralised appointment booking and counselling number, tel. 09 816 22800, is open on Weekdays at 8:30-13:30.
Maternity clinics are operating as usual
Child health clinics are operating as usual with a few exceptions
- Until further notice, health check-ups for 5-year-olds will only be performed as necessary.
- Appointments that were missed during the spring or summer will only be carried out as necessary.
- However, if a child has an individual need or their parent or health care or early childhood education provider has expressed concern for them, an appointment will be booked at a child health clinic. The appointment may be held in person, over the phone or via remote communication systems.
- The above-mentioned appointments can only be booked by phone, tel. 09 816 22800 (Mon–Fri 8:30–13:30).
The following appointments can be booked online at Appointments online for the Health Services> Maternity and child health clinics booking
- Health check-up for a 1-year-old child
- Health check-ups for children aged 18 months or 2, 3 or 6 years
- Couples counselling
- Influenza vaccination and an open online maternity and child health clinic.
This new service will allow you to contact a public health nurse through a video call and discuss anything on your mind when it suits you. Please read more: Open online maternity and child health clinic is being tested in Espoo
Open clinic appointments need to be booked in advance by calling the clinics’ centralised appointment booking and counselling number, tel. 09 816 22800 (Mon–Fri 8:30–13:30). Open Clinic
New appointments for sexual counselling are not available at the moment.
Only visit the clinic in good health, take care of hand hygiene and maintain safe distances.
Our staff wear a mask or a face shield. We recommend that clients aged 15 and older wear their own mask or face shield. The distribution of masks to Espoo residents with a low income has been organised separately. Please read more information Free face masks available for people with low income through Social Services and organisations
We would still like to ask you not to bring many people with you, to prevent our waiting rooms from becoming too crowded and to help everyone maintain safe distances.
- Pregnant women can bring their partner with them to the clinic.
- Babies can visit the clinic with both parents.
- Older children may visit the clinic with one adult only. The other parent can attend the appointment over the phone or via a remote connection.
- These instructions also apply to influenza vaccinations. We ask other family members to book separate vaccination appointments at Appointments online for the Health Services> Maternity and child health clinics booking