Maintenance agreement negotiations by telephone
Due to the coronavirus situation, the City of Espoo child welfare officers’ walk-in service will be replaced by a call-in service starting from Monday, 30 March 2020. Our telephone service, tel. 09 816 27711, is open on Mondays from 8:30 to 10:30. When you call our number, please press 5 to select this service.
We will serve you if you meet the following criteria
- You are intending to amend or extend a maintenance agreement or a court decision on child maintenance that concerns a child whose place of residence is Espoo. In other words, this is not your first maintenance agreement.
- You as the parents clearly agree on the content of the agreement.
- You have both filled in a completed income and assets form (pdf, 65 Kt) /a completed income and assets form (docx, 17 Kt) We also ask you to provide the required documentation (for example regarding your housing expenses) as separately agreed.
- Both parents’ income information is included in the Incomes Register (earned income) and/or can be checked from Kela (benefits) and both parents allow us to check this information.
- Both parents are ready to participate in a conference call at the same time.
- Both parents speak either Finnish or English.
Detailed instructions on the call-in service for parents
- You and the other parent should agree on a suitable time to call the service. Choose one of the following methods:
- You can both be in the same location and call our service number 09 816 27711 using your phone’s speaker.
- First call the other parent and once you are connected, tap “Add call” (marked with +) on your mobile phone screen and call our number 09 816 27711. After a child welfare officer has picked up, tap “Merge calls” (marked with two connected arrows). The other parent who was on hold will then be connected to the conference call.
- You will have a maximum of 30 minutes to discuss your matters.
- If you need to sign agreements, you should visit our office during our opening hours, within 14 days of your conference call. Be prepared to show proof of identity and remember to bring the documents that we asked you to provide.
We answer calls in the order they come in. We may have to close our service before 10:30 if all our child welfare officers are busy. In this case, please call us again the following Monday.