The online appointment booking service bookcovidvaccine.fi is now open. The appointment booking service is provided by the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa. If you want to book an appointment by phone, call our number 09 816 34800 (Mon–Fri 8:00–18:00) and leave a call-back request.
Invitations for vaccination will be sent to the elderly in phases as the age groups are large and at first there will only be a limited number of vaccines available. At the moment, vaccination appointments are available to people who turn 80 this year or are older than 80 (i.e. people born in or before 1941) and their informal carers who have received a decision on support for informal care. Over 65-year-olds living in the same household can also book an appointment. You must book a separate vaccination appointment for each person, but the appointments may be back to back.
If you belong to the above groups, you can book an appointment:
- through the online appointment booking system at bookcovidvaccine.fi.
- New appointments will become available as we get new batches of vaccines. If there are no appointments available, please try again the following day.
- Initially, you can only book an appointment for the first dose of the vaccine. The appointment for the second dose will be booked for you in connection with the first vaccination. At a later stage, people can book appointments for both doses through the service.
- If you want to book an appointment by phone, call our number 09 816 34800 (Mon–Fri 8:00–18:00) and leave a call-back request.
- Please only call us once and wait for our call. We will return calls as vaccination appointments become available. Some callers may have to wait for our call for a week or more as we will only return calls when there are vaccination appointments available.
- For now, informal carers and over 65-year-olds living in the same household can only book their appointments by phone.
If you do not belong to any of the above-mentioned groups, we ask you not to call our appointment booking number, to avoid overburdening our telephone service. Please wait for your turn. Appointments will only be booked for those whose turn it is.
Vaccinations will take place at
Tapiola Health Centre (address: Ahertajantie 2)
Iso Omena shopping centre 2nd floor (address: Suomenlahdentie 1). The vaccination site is located on the second floor of the shopping centre, below the Iso Omena Service Centre. The best way to find the vaccination site is to enter the shopping centre from the main entrance on the metro side of the building on Piispansilta. We recommend that people arriving by car drive to the parking garage via Suomenlahdentie. Parking is free for customers for the first two hours.
Veräjäkallionkatu 3, Lintuvaara
Elderly people will receive an invitation for vaccination by post
The City of Espoo will send a letter by post to all residents who turn 70 this year or are older than 70, providing information about the vaccinations and instructions for appointment booking. The first invitations have been sent to residents who turn 85 this year or are older than 85. The letters for 80–84-year-olds are ready to be sent, and it is estimated that the letters will be delivered in week 11. We estimate that we can invite 75–79-year-olds for vaccination in mid-March, followed by 70–74-year-olds.
At the moment, there are two different coronavirus vaccines available in Espoo: Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty and AstraZeneca Covid-19. People over the age of 70 will receive the Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty vaccine. In accordance with the instructions of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine can be at the moment administered to people aged 18–69 but not to over 70-year-olds. For this reason, we will start vaccinating risk groups among people aged 65–69 alongside the elderly.
Vaccinations for nursing home residents and home care clients
Nursing home residents will be vaccinated at the nursing homes. The fastest way for a home care client to get vaccinated is to visit the vaccination site as the current vaccine requires refrigeration. If it is not possible for a home care client to visit the vaccination site, they will be vaccinated later during a home care visit. We will provide information about vaccinations at home later when suitable vaccines become available.
Information about coronavirus vaccinations: espoo.fi/coronavaccination.