Booking at the health centre
Through the online appointment service for health centres you can:
- check and cancel your own doctor's or nurse's appointment or that of your child under the age of 14.
- book appointments with the nurse on duty in case of flu, stomach flu, skin symptoms, small injuries or if you need a sick leave certificate. You can make appointments for the same day. The on-call appointment booking opens at midnight.
- make a nurse's appointment for vaccinations or injections. The appointment is expressly for the purpose of administering the vaccine, and a separate appointment must be booked for each person receiving the vaccination. Bring the vaccines with you. The health centre can only provide the basic vaccinations. If you need a vaccination plan, make an appointment by telephone.
- book an appointment for an influenza vaccination
- make an appointment to remove stiches. Make an appointment according to the directions you have received or latest a couple of days later.
For a parent/guardian to be able to check and cancel the appointment of a child under the age of 14, the contact information for the person in question must be correctly included in the child's customer information. You can check your child's contact person information by visiting or calling the health centre appointment booking service.
At present, you cannot book appointments with foot therapists.
Espoo Dental Care improves the booking services available online. In future, adults may book online an appointment to a dentist or to a dental hygienist based on the individual oral health plan developed by the dentist. For other appointments for adults, please contact the dental care services’ call-center.
In this service you can:
- check, cancel or move your own appointment or that of your child under the age of 14 using your online banking credentials or Mobile Certificate assuming that the correct contact person information has been given to dental care
- cancel or move non-urgent appointments for follow-up treatment
- cancel semi-urgent appointments (the estimated need of treatment being within 3 weeks)
- make an appointment for a dental health examination for 1-, 3- and 5 year-old children, when you have received a letter of invitation
- fill in a preliminary information form regarding an appointment booked for yourself or for your child under the age of 14, if you have received a text message regarding this matter
- book an appointment to a dentist or a dental hygienist (only adults over 18 years of age). Online booking service is available, if your dentist or dental hygienist har afterJanuary the 2nd, 2017 developed for you an individual oral health plan including timing of your next appointment. Booking can be made online during the month before or during the three months after the planned month of next appointment.
Urgent appointments and orthodontics appointmentscannot be cancelled or moved electronically.
For patients over the age of 15, a fee of EUR 51.40 will be collected for a missed, uncancelled dental appointment.
You can check your child's contact person information when visiting your dental clinic or by phoning appointment booking tel. 09 816 30300.
Additional information on the service
An electronic preliminary information form can be filled in online instead of a paper form available at the dental clinic.
The online booking service for physiotherapy allows you to:
When booking an appointment, give the reason for the appointment and say whether you have a referral.
If you are booking an appointment for a child under eight years of age, for lymphatic drainage therapy assessment or if you need an interpreter for the appointment, you can only book appointments by calling our centralised appointment booking number: +358 9 816 36 000.
School health care appointments
You can book an appointment online for:
- a medical examination with the school nurse for your child starting school
- a medical examination with the doctor during the first school year, after the initial examination with the school nurse
- a medical examination for your child in 7th grade with the secondary school’s nurse
- influenza vaccination
- a medical examination for your child in 5th grade as a joint appointment with the school nurse and doctor
- a medical examination with the doctor for your child in 8th grade after the school nurse’s appointment
Compulsory enrollment booking
All conscripts residing in Espoo can book, reschedule, cancel and check their appointments for the call-up health examination online. You can book the appointment once you have received the call-up letter.
Call-up health examination
The Finnish Defence Forces obliges those subject to conscription to take part in the pre-call-up health examination. The purpose of the health examination is to determine each individual's fitness category along with identifying and taking into account any health-related risks. The call-up health examinations for students are conducted at secondary or vocational schools. For others, the examinations are held at each person's local health centre.
The examination includes two parts: it is conducted by a nurse and doctor. The total time allotted for the examination is usually 40 minutes.
Remember to bring the following:
- the form “Kyselylomake palvelusta ja terveydentilan tutkimista varten” (questionnaire on service and health examination) with the necessary information filled in
- personal identification
- any possible documents concerning your health, such as summaries of your specialised medical care and private health care treatments and examinations, and other similar information.
If you wear glasses/contact lenses, please be prepared for your eyesight to be checked with glasses/contact lenses and without them. You must have your contact lenses out for 3–4 hours before the eye examination.
The call-up health examination is free of charge. A fee of €51.40 will be charged for missed, uncancelled appointments.
Children's rehabilitation booking
Through the service, you can:
- check the appointments of your child under the age of 14 with speech therapists, occupational therapists and psychologists.
- fill in the preliminary information for the first visit of your child under the age of 14 once you have received a text message on the matter.
Mental health and substance abuse booking
- check, cancel or reschedule your appointment for mental health and substance abuse services.
- check, cancel or reschedule mental health care or substance abuse service appointment for your child under the age of 14 or a person for whom you have the right to do so
- book an appointment with a nurse in mental health and substance abuse services
If you have trouble signing in to the service, you can contact the centralised appointment booking service for mental health care and substance abuse services at tel. +358 (0)9 81631300, Mon–Fri 8 am–4 pm or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maternity and child health clinics booking
Through the online appointment booking service for maternity and child health clinics you can
- check your maternity clinic appointment
- check your child health clinic appointment for your child between the ages of 0 and 6
- book a period examination for your child at the age of 1
- book, reschedule or cancel a period examination for your child at the age of 2, 3, 5 or 6. The period for making the appointment is three months from the beginning of the month preceding the child's month of birth.
- book an influenza vaccination appointment
You can also make appointments by telephone Mon–Fri 8:30 am–2:30 pm, tel. 09 816 22800. Call the appointment booking service if
- you are unable to book an appointment for your child online
- you require an extended appointment
- you require service in a language other than Finnish or Swedish
- you are accessing the services of Espoo maternity and child health clinics for the first time.
Student health care booking
Through the service, you can:
- check, reschedule, confirm and cancel your student health care appointment.
- book a new appointment if you have used Espoo health services before and are studying at Laurea Otaniemi, Laurea Leppävaara, Metropolia Leppävaara or Omnia Espoo campus.
You can make an appointment for the following purposes:
- receiving a salmonella certificate
- stitch removal
- sexual health counselling
- vaccination counselling
- health examination
- beginning contraception
If you are a first-year student, your health care nurse will send you an electronic health questionnaire to the e-mail address provided by the school. You will then receive feedback and an invitation to a health examination. If you are studying at a university of applied sciences or an adult education centre, you will be invited to a health examination as necessary. You can confirm the pre-scheduled appointment suggested by the nurse or book a new appointment using this link.
For patients over the age of 15, a fee of €51.40 may be collected for a missed, uncancelled appointment. Appointments must be cancelled no later than 3 pm the day before.