The Finnish Government eased many of the coronavirus-related restrictions yesterday. Visits to Espoo Hospital have been banned since March, but the visitor ban has now ended. There are, however, still some restrictions in place regarding hospital visits. If your loved one lives in a nursing home, you can meet them outdoors, in the yard of the unit.
Visits to Espoo Hospital
Espoo Hospital's visitor ban has ended, but there are still some restrictions in place.
- Visiting hours: 10:00–19:00.
- You can visit the hospital if you are in full health, in other words you have no symptoms of a respiratory tract infection.
- You may not visit the hospital if you are in quarantine due to travelling abroad, exposure to the coronavirus or a coronavirus infection.
- The staff will meet visitors at the door of the ward to give them instructions.
- Only two people can visit a patient room at a time, and the maximum duration of a visit is 30 minutes.
- You will have to wear a mask throughout your visit. The hospital will give you a mask.
- Take care of good hand hygiene during your visit.
These measures will ensure a safe visit for everyone.
Visits to nursing homes
The City of Espoo’s own nursing homes have allowed family members and friends to meet their loved ones in the units’ outdoor areas for over a month. The visitor rules will not change in this respect.
Instructions for a safe visit:
- Always contact the nursing home staff first to agree on a visit.
- During your visit, you will have to maintain a safe distance from your loved one. This means that for example hugging is not yet allowed.
- There may be special arrangements in place to ensure safe distances. For example, there may be signs in the yard to indicate safe distances.
- You can visit the nursing home if you are in full health, in other words you have no symptoms of a respiratory tract infection.
- You may not visit the nursing home if you are in quarantine due to travelling abroad, exposure to the coronavirus or a coronavirus infection.
- The staff will give you detailed visitor instructions that you absolutely must follow.
- Visitors are not yet allowed to enter the nursing homes.