In Espoo, the goal is to unite the current forms of the multistep care housing so that senior citizens in need of round-the-clock care housing can live in a Life and Living Centre for Senior Citizens for the rest of their lives, if they so wish.
There will also be an open service centre for senior citizens in connection with the long-term care facilities in the same building, so that the residents can also participate in activities.
Kauklahti Life and Living Centre for Senior Citizens
The Kauklahti Life and Living Centre for Senior Citizens provides long-term care housing for the senior citizens of Espoo who require round-the-clock care.
The Kauklahti Life and Living Centre for Senior Citizens offers comfortable home-like care housing for 70 long-term residents. There are also four short-term housing flats in the building. A nurse is present around-the-clock. Most of the residents live in one-room flats but there are also a couple of two-room flats.
The first floor of the building hosts a service centre that serves as a shared meeting place for senior citizens, associations and different groups. It is the living room of senior citizens in Kauklahti.
Kauklahti Life and Living Centre for Senior Citizens offers
• facilities for the area’s senior groups
• a lunch restaurant and café
• exercise, fitness and multipurpose facilities
• sauna facilities
• flats for 70 long-term residents and four places for short-term housing
• the office of the Kauklahti home care
• recreation, culture and exercise activities
• instructed group activity courses
• instructed day activities
• a physiotherapist, chiropodist and hairdresser