Updated 02.06.2021 at 15:26
We kindly ask you to remember the following points
- Free masks are meant for Espoo residents who have a low income and who are unable to buy masks. Other Espoo residents should buy their own masks.
- Based on the recommendation of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), masks are intended for the following situations:
- when you use public transport
- when you are on your way to a coronavirus test
- when you return to Finland from a high-risk country
- when you cannot avoid close contacts.
- The masks are intended for people who are 15 or older.
- The masks are only intended for personal use.
- The number of masks handed out to each person should be enough for four weeks.
We give each person 50 disposable masks at a time. Due to the high demand, we may temporarily run out of masks at our distribution locations.
Distribution locations for free face masks are located all around Espoo.
- Kivenkolo, Merisaapas 1 A, Mon–Thu 9:00–15:00 and Fri 9:00-14:00. Closed 26.7. – 8.8.2021.
- Service point in Shopping Centre Pikku-Laiva, Ulappakatu 2, Mon–Fri 13:00−16:00. During 26.7.–8.8.2021.
- EJY activity centre (Kansalaistoiminnankeskus), Kauppamiehentie 6, Mon–Fri 10:00–15:00. Closed 1.– 30.7.2021.
If necessary, you can order masks
If necessary, persons with disabilities and the informal carers of persons under 65 years of age can order masks through Disability Services. If a person with a disability cannot obtain masks by other means, Disability Services can send him or her 25 disposable masks or one face shield by post.
The informal carers of persons over 65 years of age can order masks through Nestori – Guidance and Service Counselling for Senior Citizens.
- Contact information for Disability Services: tel. 09 816 45285, Mon–Fri 9:00–11:00 and 12:00–14:00, email: email@example.com.
- Contact information for Nestori: tel. 09 816 33333, Mon–Fri 9:00–15:00, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use a face mask carefully
It is important that you wear a face mask correctly. Check out the instructions on the THL website:
Distribution locationsCoronavirus and services in Espoo: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus
On 13 August 2020, the Government issued a resolution that municipalities must provide masks free of charge for people in the most vulnerable groups.