There are exercise groups for women, men, seniors, special groups young people and children. The recreations department's aim is to organize exercise activities especially for those groups, for whom sports clubs and private organizations provide few services.
Consultation by telephone concerning the autumn season
Monday, 12 August at 12–13, tel. 09 8166 0800. Please note! You cannot register by calling this number, not even in exceptional cases.
Registration for exercise courses in autumn 2019
Registration times for exercise courses in the autumn season during the first week of the registration period, by area 13-15 August.
By telephone: 09 8166 0800
- Tuesday, 13 August
- at 9–10 Kalajärvi, Karakallio, Viherlaakso and Järvenperä
- at 10:30–11:30 central Espoo
- at 12:30–13:30 Tapiola
- Wednesday, 14 August
- at 9-10 Leppävaara
- at 10:30–11:30 Espoonlahti
- at 12:30–13:30 Matinkylä-Olari
- Thursday, 15 August
- The blue registration button (“Ilmoittaudu”) will appear next to each course at 9:00, 10:30 or 12:30, depending on the area.
You can register for courses if there are places left. Exercise counselling by telephone 09 8166 0800 is open mon-fri at 12-13. Please note the exceptional timetable (above). Phone number is closed 19 June – 2 August, 16 August and 21 August. Changes are possible.
Things to know before you register
- The residents of Espoo can register for a maximum one sport course. The water exercise courses are intended for special groups.
- Your registration is personal and binding.
- To register online (www.espoo.fi/ohjattuliikunta), you need online banking credentials.
- When you register, you need to give your personal identity code for invoicing purposes.
- In addition to yourself, you can also register your family members.
- Children under 18 years of age must be registered by a guardian.
- Sports and exercise services for seniors and special groups are free of charge for Espoo residents aged 68 or older. The services are free of charge starting from the beginning of the year in which the individual turns 68 years of age. The courses will be filled in the order of registration.
- If your course is held in a swimming hall, you need to pay both the course/lesson fee and the swimming hall’s entrance fee. Admission to swimming halls in Espoo is free of charge for holders of the 68+ Sports Pass.
- If you cancel your course registration after Monday 2 September 2019, you will be invoiced the autumn season’s course fee in full. If you cancel after Tuesday 14 January 2019, you will be invoiced the spring season’s fee in full. If you register online, you need to pay the course fee online, and the cancellation period will be two weeks. The cancellation should be done as identified yourself at online services on the page of Own services or you can call 09 8166 0800 as well.
- Non-payment or informing exercise instructor are not cancellation.
Do you need guidance or support to start exercising?
If you have any questions about exercise in Espoo or if you need personal support to start exercising, you can phone and even schedule an appointment with your local exercise instructor free of charge.
- Tel. 09 8166 0800 Mon - Fri 12 am -13 pm