There are exercise groups for women, men, seniors, special groups young people and children. The recreations department's aim is to organize exercise activities especially for those groups, for whom sports clubs and private organizations provide few services.
Do you need guidance or support to start exercising?
If you have any questions about exercise in Espoo or if you need personal support to start exercising, you can phone and even schedule an appointment with your local exercise instructor free of charge.
Tel. 09 8166 0800, Mon–Fri 12 am–1 pm.
REGISTRATION FOR EXERCISE COURSES IN AUTUMN 2018
Registration times for exercise courses in the autumn season during the first week of the registration period, by area.
Physical activity counseling concerning the autumn season
Monday, 13 August at 12–13, tel. 09 8166 0800. Please note! You cannot register for the courses this time, not even in exceptional cases.
By telephone: 09 8166 0800
Tuesday, 14 August at 9–10 Kalajärvi
Tuesday, 14 August at 10:30–11:30 central Espoo
Tuesday 14 August at 12:30–13:30 Tapiola
Wednesday, 15 August at 9–10: Karakallio, Viherlaakso and Järvenperä
Wednesday, 15 August at 10:30–11:30: Leppävaara
Wednesday, 15 August at 12:30–13:30: Espoonlahti
Thursday, 16 August at 9–10: Matinkylä-Olari
Thursday, 16 August at 10:30–11:30: all areas
Thursday, 16 August at 12:30–13:30: all areas
Friday, 17 August at 9–10: all areas
The blue registration button (“Ilmoittaudu”) will appear next to each course at 9:00, 10:30 or 12:30, depending on the area.
You can register for courses if there are places left.
Things to know before you register
- The residents of Espoo can register for a maximum of two sports courses. One of them may be a water exercise course. The water exercise courses are intended for special groups.
- Your registration is personal and binding.
- To register online (www.espoo.fi/ohjattuliikunta), you need online banking credentials.
- When you register, you need to give your personal identity code for invoicing purposes.
- In addition to yourself, you can also register your family members.
- Children under 18 years of age must be registered by a guardian.
- Sports and exercise services for seniors and special groups are free of charge for Espoo residents aged 68 or older. The services are free of charge starting from the beginning of the year in which the individual turns 68 years of age. The courses will be filled in the order of registration.
- If your course is held in a swimming hall, you need to pay both the course/lesson fee and the swimming hall’s entrance fee. Admission to swimming halls in Espoo is free of charge for holders of the 68+ Sports Pass.
- If you cancel your course registration after Monday 3 September 2018, you will be invoiced the autumn season’s course fee in full. If you cancel after Monday 14 January 2019, you will be invoiced the spring season’s fee in full. If you register online, you need to pay the course fee online, and the cancellation period will be two weeks. Send your cancellation to email@example.com.