Working grant for professional artist
Working grants for professional artists for 2020 will be open for application from 4 March until 30 September 2019 at 3.45 pm.
The working grant is intended for professional artists in Espoo irrespective of art form, and it will be awarded to one artist for one year at a time. The grant will be awarded by The Espoo Culture Committee.
The grant open for application amounts to EUR 1 709,37 per month. The grant amount will be adjusted annually to match the artist grants awarded by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland. The grant is paid on a monthly basis and it includes pension and accident insurance contributions under the Farmers’ Pension Act.
Working grant for professional artists
For whom: The grant is intended for professional artists in Espoo irrespective of art form.
For what purpose: Long-term artistic work.
Applying for the working grant for professional artists
When: The working grant for professional artists is open for application once a year.
The application period begings in March and ends at the end of September, on the last day of the month at 3.45 pm. If the last day of the application period falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the application period will end on the weekday following the weekend at 3.45 pm. The decision on the grant recipient will be made in December, at the same time the Culture Committee decides on the operating grants.
How: The working grant for professional artists is applied for by using the forms provided. The required attachments should be submitted simultaneously with the form.
The working grant applications are to be submitted by the deadline mentioned to the City of Espoo Registry Office at PO Box 1, FI-02070 City of Espoo. The application documents and the attachments may also be submitted to the Registry Office electronically at kirjaamo(at)espoo.fi.
Delayed or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Attachments required for applications
- Work plan for the year
- A description of how the proposed project strengthens the image of Espoo as a diverse and broad-minded cultural city
Other terms of the working grant for professional artists
- The grant recipient must give up full-time paid work for the duration of the grant period.
- The grant recipient must take out personal pension and accident insurance. The insurance must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. The application is to be submitted to the Farmers’ Social Insurance Institution Mela. More information is available at www.mela.fi.
- The grant includes, where possible, a chance to exhibit the result of the artistic work in Espoo or, alternatively, making the result of the work a visible part of the cultural activities in Espoo in some other way.
- Artistic quality of the proposed project
- Artistic merit of the applicant
- The artistic activities in accordance with the work plan strengthen the image of Espoo as a diverse and broad-minded cultural city
Report on the use of the working grant
After the grant period has ended, the grant recipient must prepare a free-form written report on the artistic activities in accordance with the work plan presented in the application for the grant period.