Culture companion program is on hold during fall 2020 due to the coronavirus situation.
Would you like to attend a cultural event, but feel uncomfortable doing so alone? A culture companion is a volunteer who provides company and support at cultural events and various free activities, such as a visit to your local library.
You can order a culture companion for yourself, an acquaintance or a small group. Persons under 18 years of age may take part in culture companion activities with their family or an adult who is responsible for them.
With a culture companion, you can attend concerts, theatre and dance performances, exhibitions and museums. The culture companion’s company and ticket are free-of-charge.
Culture companion activities are organised by the Cultural Unit of the City of Espoo. Don't hesitate to get in touch and ask for more information!
How to order a culture companion
1) Contact the culture companion activity coordinator: email@example.com.
2) Tell us what event you would like to attend, or ask us for a tip.
3) Our coordinator will find you a culture companion and book the necessary tickets.
4) The culture companion attends all events free-of-charge. The customer pays the applicable full or discounted fee for his/her ticket.
5) The culture companion contacts you directly so that you can discuss when and where to meet.
6) The cultural event or activity will primarily be reached by public transport for which both parties will buy their own tickets.
A culture companion can accompany you to the below listed destinations. In addition, interesting cultural events are also held at libraries. Details concerning programmes and activities are available on the providers' own web pages.