Social and health services
Coronavirus Helpline and testing
If you suspect you have any signs of the coronavirus,
you can book a test appointment through the HUS coronavirus bot.
- If you wish to book an appointment by phone, call Espoo’s coronavirus helpline, tel. 09 816 34600. The helpline is open from Monday to Friday from 7:00 to 18:00 and on Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 to 15:00. SMS service for the hearing impaired, tel. 040 639 3945.
- Outside these hours, please call the Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117.
- Take precautions while waiting for your testing appointment and the results: stay at home just in case and avoid meeting anyone, just like you would if you had a confirmed case of the coronavirus. Even if your test result is negative, you should still stay at home until you have been symptom-free for a day.
- Everyone with symptoms of the coronavirus (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste or diarrhea/abdominal pain without any other clear reason) can get tested.
- After booking a test appointment, the customer will receive text message containing a confirmation of the time, arrival instructions and instructions for cancelling the appointment.
- You can also assess your symptoms at www.omaolo.fi and you will get instructions based on your symptoms.
Instructions for treatment at home:
The contact information of health service in other matters
Please notice that you can only visit a health centre if you have booked an appointment.
Appointment booking to Espoo health centres in other matters than corona, tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00. Text message service for the deaf and hard of hearing, tel. 040 639 3945
- Oma Lääkärisi Matinkylä, tel. 09 855 4100, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00
The Medical Helpline will help you in the evening and at weekends when health centres are closed. Tel. 116 117.
- Contact information of health centres in Espoo: espoo.fi/healthcentres
- Video appointments with an on-call nurse are available. Go to the appointment booking system: espoo.terveytesi.fi
School health care guidelines for safety in schools
Mental health services are there to help you if the coronavirus is making you feel worried or anxious:
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, tel. 09 816 31300, Mon–Fri 8:00–16:00
- Social and Crises Emergency Services is there to help outside these hours, tel. 09 816 42439
Support for everyday life
Nestori – Guidance and Service Counselling for Senior Citizens offers advice and solutions to everyday situations. Tel. 09 816 33 333, Mon–Fri 9:00–15:00.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the effects of the coronavirus on the elderly
- The best way to contact Welfare Services for Families with Children is to use the Get help form at www.espoo.fi/gethelp or call tel. 09 816 23600, Mon–Fri 9:00–14:00.
Social services and food help, Mon–Fri 8:00–10:00
- young adults under 30 years-old, tel. 09 816 45 300
- Southern Espoo, adults over 30 years-old, tel. p. 09 816 45 200
- Northern Espoo, adults over 30 years-old, tel. 09 816 45 100
Disability Services Helpline, tel. 09 816 45285, Mon–Fri 9:00–11:00 and 12:00-14:00.
- Please read more information: Everyday assistance from Social Services