Important things to remember during the coronavirus epidemic
- Wash your hands often. Use soap or, if necessary, hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- Do not spend time around other people if you have any symptoms.
- Avoid crowded places and maintain safe distances (2 metres) from other people.
- Avoid spending time in public areas and touching surfaces (for example escalator handrails) outside your home. Infections spread easily in places that are visited by many people.
Wear a mask
- in all public spaces, on public transport, at public events, at workplaces, during recreational activities, in shops and when visiting different services.
This recommendation does not apply to people with health issues that prevent them from wearing a mask.
Limit contact with other people
- Avoid large gatherings. The coronavirus has spread, for example, at parties, among groups of friends getting together, at religious events, while playing sports and while spending time in shopping centres.
- Private events should not be held (e.g. graduation parties, family gatherings and holiday events).
- Close contact should be limited to family members and other close persons comparable to family members. Private events and family gatherings are not recommended. It is recommended that only a very small group of close relatives attend funerals or memorial events.
Follow quarantine instructions
- Follow the instructions you have received if you are waiting for a coronavirus test or your test results or have been exposed to the coronavirus. More detailed instructions on quarantine on the city’s website
- Please note that violating a quarantine order issued by the infectious disease authority is punishable by law.
Everyone who has possible symptoms of a coronavirus infection will get tested.
- You can book a test appointment through the Coronabot website at koronabotti.hus.fi.
- Call Espoo’s coronavirus helpline, tel. 09 816 34600 (Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00, Sat–Sun 9:00–15:00). Outside these hours, please call the Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117.
- You can also assess your symptoms through the Omaolo service. You will then receive instructions on what to do based on your symptoms.
Coronavirus instructions (pdf, 68 Kt)
Further information about the coronavirus: espoo.fi/coronavirus
Coronavirus instructions in different languages: espoo.fi/coronainfo