Services at the Iso Omena Service Centre
Download a larger map: Map of Iso Omena Service Centre (pdf, 5607 Kt)
Current opening hours
The Iso Omena Service Centre is open Mon–Fri 7:00–21:00, Sat 8:00–18:00 and Sun 11:00–18:00.
Until further notice, Iso Omena Health Centre only serves clients who have booked an appointment (patients with respiratory tract symptoms will not be admitted).
- Opening hours:
- Until 5 June 2020: Mon–Fri 8:00–16:00
- 8–26 June 2020: Mon–Thu 8:00–18:00, Fri 8:00–16:00
- Starting from 29 June 2020: Mon–Fri 8:00–16:00.
- The appointment booking number of Espoo’s health centres: tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00.
Online appointment booking service
- The Medical Helpline will help you in the evening and at weekends when health centres are closed. Tel. 116 117.
- Video appointments with an on-call nurse are available. Go to the appointment booking system: espoo.terveytesi.fi
Maternity and child health clinic
The Iso Omena Maternity and Child Health Clinic serves the residents of Olari and Matinkylä.
- At the moment, the clinic only serves clients who have booked an appointment. Opening hours: Mon−Fri 8:00−16:00 (until 17 August 2020). Please do not bring more than one person to the clinic with you.
- Book an appointment by phone, tel. 09 816 22800 (Mon–Fri 8:30–14:30).
Iso Omena Library has the same opening hours as the Service Centre: Mon–Fri 7:00–21:00, Sat 8:00–18:00 and Sun 11:00–18:00.
- The youth centre Vox and the makerspace Paja will remain closed until further notice. Only some customer computers are in use, and the Quiet Corner has fewer chairs than usual. The music studios are available to clients who have already been introduced to their use.
The Matinkylä Service Point offers advice on matters related to the City of Espoo and its partners. The Service Point provides HSL travel cards, Lippupiste event tickets, wristbands to the City of Espoo’s gyms and +68 Sports Wristbands. The Service Point also functions as an auxiliary Kela customer service location and as a tourist information office.
- The Service Point is open Mon, Tue and Thu 10:00–17:00, Wed 12:00–18:00 and Fri 9:00–16:00.
- Please always check potential exceptions to the opening hours on the Service Points’ website.
Kela’s customer service point mainly serves clients who have booked an appointment. Kela also has some customer computers available for use. Opening hours:
- Mon−Thu 9:00−11:00 and 12:00−15:00, Fri 10:00−11:00 and 12:00−15:00.
- For the time being, Kela mainly serves clients by phone and recommends using its online services that can be found at www.kela.fi/web/en. You can also book a telephone appointment: www.kela.fi/web/en/book-a-time.
- You can put applications, other documents and call-back requests in Kela’s letterbox at the Iso Omena Service Centre – the box is emptied daily.
- In urgent situations, Kela’s services are also available without an appointment.
HUSLAB serves all customers of the Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District.
- The laboratory at the Iso Omena Service Centre is open from Monday to Friday between 6:45 and 16:00. For now, it only serves clients who have booked an appointment.
- Please arrive at the laboratory shortly before your appointment and, if possible, visit the laboratory alone.
- Emergency patients and clients who are returning sample containers are still served using the queue number system.
- Book an appointment online or by phone, tel. 09 471 86800 (Mon–Fri 7:30–15:30).
X-ray (HUS Medical Imaging Center)
The HUS Medical Imaging Center serves all customers of the Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District. The medical imaging services include, for example, bone and dental X-rays.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
The clinic helps with mental health and substance abuse issues. You can visit a nurse without booking an appointment. The service is free of charge.
- Adults and young people aged 13–22 can visit a nurse without an appointment Mon–Thu 8:00–18:00 and Fri 8:00–16:00.
- Further information: www.espoo.fi/mentalhealth
Youth Services: Starttipiste at the Ohjaamotalo One-Stop Guidance Centre
Young people from Espoo aged 16–29 can visit the Starttipiste service without booking an appointment. Starttipiste helps with questions and matters regarding job search, education, well-being and everyday life.
- Starttipiste serves customers Mon–Thu 14:00–18:00 at Iso Omena and by telephone, tel. 043 825 7607.
- Further information: www.espoo.fi/ohjaamotalo
The Employment Corner provides face-to-face service, with no appointment required, to help people find employment or training opportunities. The service is targeted at job-seekers who are over 30 years old.