Latest update: 29 June 2020 at 10:59.
We have compiled brief coronavirus instructions and information about the effects on the city’s operations in different languages.
Brief coronavirus instructions and information
More information for Espoo residents: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus
Yle News offer updating information in Arabic, Kurdish, Somali and Persian.
Information from Ministry of the Interior of Finland
Smartbot to give multilingual coronavirus advice in Espoo
The smartbot is able to answer questions in more than a hundred languages. Its language skills are based on machine translation from English. While it will undoubtedly make some grammatical errors, the goal is to ensure that the key content of its messages is still understandable.
The smartbot can immediately answer for example the following questions:
- What should I do if I suspect I have contracted the coronavirus?
- How are travel and meetings with people restricted at the moment?
- Where can senior citizens and families with children get help in their daily lives under these exceptional circumstances?
- Where can employees who have been laid off or dismissed and businesses in financial difficulties get help?
- What are the different ways to use City of Espoo services during the exceptional circumstances?
The smartbot began its work on the Finnish and English Espoo.fi website on 17 April 2020. It will be added to the Swedish website a bit later, too. It is available on the page www.espoo.fi/coronavirus and the page that contains coronavirus instructions in different languages. It also works at www.helloespoo.fi. The City of Espoo has acquired the bot for a trial period of two months.
Restaurants to close everywhere in Finland until end of May
Other information in several languages about the coronavirus situation
The City of Espoo has opened the application process for operating support for sole entrepreneurs
Foreign language directions for operating support for sole entrepreneurs are gathered in one page.