Coronavirus instructions in different languages
Latest update: 31 July 2020 at 8:23.
We have compiled brief coronavirus instructions and information about the effects on the city’s operations in different languages.
Brief coronavirus instructions and information
Coronavirus testing and assessment of symptoms
- If you have any symptoms that suggest you may have the coronavirus, call Espoo’s coronavirus helpline, tel. 09 816 34600 (Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00).
- Coronavirus testing is available to anyone with symptoms that suggest they may have contracted the coronavirus, such as fever, cough, a sore throat, a runny nose or congestion, shortness of breath, loss of the sense of taste or smell, diarrhoea or stomach pain without an apparent cause.
Only visit a health centre if you have an appointment
- The appointment booking number of Espoo’s health centres in other matters, tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00
Everyday matters during the coronavirus epidemic
- Welfare services for families with children, tel. 09 816 23600, Mon–Fri 8:30–15:00
- Social services helpline and food assistance, tel. 09 816 45000, Mon–Fri 8:00–12:00
- The residents’ parks are open. Do not visit the parks if you are even slightly ill. Activities are only organised outdoors, ensuring safe distances.
- Wash your hands with soap often and cough into your sleeve.
- Remember to keep a safe distance of 1–2 metres between you and other people.
Early childhood education
- Day care centres are open. You are only allowed to go to a day care centre if you are in good health.
Sports and exercise, culture and youth
- Swimming pools, the outdoor swimming pool and the Tapiola wading pool are open. Beaches will be supervised by lifeguards until 16 August 2020.
- Libraries and museums are open.
- Youth facilities will open in August.
- The city’s Service Points are open as usual. The Espoonlahti Service Point will be closed until 9 August 2020.
- Do not visit the Service Points if you are ill.
Services for entrepreneurs
Further instructions for Espoo residents: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus. You can also find a smartbot on the city’s website at espoo.fi. You can ask the smartbot questions about the coronavirus in more than 100 languages.
Other websites with information about the coronavirus and symptoms in different languages
Kela’s telephone service in Arabic, Somali and Russian
The service is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 to 12:00.
- Arabic 020 6344 902
- Somali 020 6344 905
- Russian 020 6344 901