The Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres encourage their clients to use e-services as much as possible. This way, the Service Centres want to do their part to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
All libraries will be closed starting from 17 March 2020. This also limits the use of the Service Centre premises, but other essential services will be ensured. We keep on updating this news article as the situation regarding the Service Centre services changes.
Iso Omena: opening hours change, on Sundays closed
Iso Omena Service Centre is shortening its’ opening hours. Service Centre is now going to be closed, when its’ last service unit closes. You may enter the Service Center only if you are heading to a service unit, which is open (service point, health centre, mental health and substance, maternity and child health clinic, HUS laboratory and x-ray).
For now Service Centre’s opening hours are:
- Mon-Fri from 7 am to 7 pm
- Sat from 8 am to 3 pm
- Sun closed.
Contact us preferably by phone or online
The City of Espoo particularly recommends online or telephone services to clients who have a common cold or another illness or who have been abroad within the past two weeks. It is a good idea for everyone else to use services from home, too, if they can.
Exceptions in services at the Service Centres
The following Service Centre units have rearranged their services:
- The libraries (Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres) will be closed as of 17 March 2020. At the Iso Omena Service Centre, the library shares spaces with other services. Customers can enter the library but only to go through it to other services. Further information on how to move around the Iso Omena Service Centre.
- The Service Points (Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres) serve customers during their normal opening hours – Matinkylä Service Point / Iso Omena will be closed starting from 1 April 2020.
- The customer computers, photocopier and printer at Iso Omena are not in use. If necessary, you can still print and take copies of documents at the Kalajärvi, Tapiola and Espoon keskus Service Points. The Service Points that are open can for example help you fill in forms, if you need help.
- Kela service point (Iso Omena Service Centre) is closed from 18th March until 30th April 2020. Those customers, who have already booked their time for Kela appointment, will be still served. Further appointment reservations are not possible at this moment. Vouchers cannot be picked up anymore – check the nearest open Kela service point from www.kela.fi/web/en/customer-service-locator. The letterbox is being emptied every day. Kela recommends customers to use their e-services that you will find on their website: www.kela.fi. You can also book a telephone appointment with Kela: www.kela.fi/web/en/book-a-time.
- The Employment corner (Iso Omena Service Centre) has closed its physical location as of 16 March 2020 but serves by phone and email from Monday to Thursday between 10:00 and 15:00.
- Starttipiste at Ohjaamotalo One-Stop Guidance Centre (Iso Omena Service Centre) is perfoming counseling and guidance by phone starting from 18th March until 13th April 2020. Opening hours are Mon, Wed, Fri at 12–16 and Tue, Thu at 10–16. Phone: 040 126 7513 and 043 825 7607.
- Health centres (Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres). Starting from 16 March 2020, to visit a health centre you must book an appointment in advance. Starting from 30 March 2020, Iso Omena Health Centre serves from Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 16:00.
- Read more in this news article about Espoo’s health centres.
- Maternity and child health clinics (Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres) offer fewer doctor’s appointments than usual. The clinics will contact their clients personally. Please do not bring many people with you to the clinic, to prevent the waiting rooms from becoming too crowded. In addition, the clinics will only admit the clients who will be examined and one guardian to the consulting room. We will use remote interpreters if we can. Further information is available in a news article about the maternity and child health clinics.
- Starting from 30 March 2020, the dental clinic (Kalajärvi Service Centre) will be closed until further notice. Further information is available in a news article about Espoo’s dental care services.
HUSLAB Laboratory (Iso Omena Service Centre) serves only with booked appointments starting from 30 March 2020 and stays closed on Saturdays (open Mon–Thurs 6.45–18, Fri 6.45–16). Please come to the laboratory just before your reservation and come alone, if possible. Emergency patients and returning the sample containers are still served with a queuing number. You can book the appointment on the website or tel. 09 471 86800 (Mon–Fri 7:30–15:30).
The general customer service number and chat window of the City of Espoo are available at www.espoo.fi/asiointi.
Public events and meeting room reservations cancelled
All public events at the Iso Omena and Kalajärvi Service Centres have been cancelled until further notice. Our staff will contact external event organisers to cancel or reschedule their events.
All reservations for the meeting rooms in both Service Centres have also been cancelled until 30 April 2020. Our staff will contact everyone who had booked a room. We will publish more information later.
The Service Centres and all other public spaces, points of service and offices maintained by the City of Espoo will be cleaned more often, and people will be instructed to follow good hygiene practices. Handshakes will be replaced with other greetings.
Read up-to-date information about the coronavirus at: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus
Originally published on 16 March 2020. Updated:
17 March 2020: Added the mention of libraries closing.
18 March 2020: Added the mentions of Kela and Starttipiste at Ohjaamotalo One-Stop Guidance Centre closing
20 March 2020: Added the new opening hours of the Iso Omena Service Centre
25 March 2020: Added the mentions of the service points, maternity and child health clinics and the dental clinic
26 March 2020: Added the mentions of service points and laboratory
27 March 2020: Added the mention of Iso Omena Health Center.