City Planning Committee
The City Planning Committee guides and monitors the city planning of Espoo. Its key tasks are to:
- guide and monitor the city planning of Espoo.
- take care of zoning, developing the cityscape and structure, general environmental development and design as well as traffic planning related to zoning
- create preconditions for promoting housing and business with the help of zoning
- take care of name planning
- inform residents about prepared plans as well as on-going and future zoning activities
- approve town plans and town plan modifications with little impact
- decide on setting building prohibitions and action restrictions
- resolve permits and landscaping permits indicated in the Land Extraction Act with significant impact, unless deciding on landscaping permits is the responsibility of some other authority based on an ordinance.
Service manager Tiina Eronen
tel. p. 050 434 2661
Kirkkojärventie 6 B, PL 43, 02070 Espoon kaupunki
Fax 09 816 24016
tel. 043 825 3098
Decisions regarding the preparation of zoning issues cannot be appealed. The appeal procedure in other matters belonging to the board's power of decision varies. Appeal instructions are attached to the extract from the minutes.
Publication of minutes
The minutes of the City Planning Committee will be available for viewing on the Friday of the week following the meeting in the customer services section of the City Planning Department at Virastotalo 2, 4th floor, Espoo Centre.
Basis for the agreement:
Agreement is a shared document of the members of the City Planning Committee that guides their work. This agreement is also a guideline for city employees who prepare the board's activities and implement the committee's decisions. This agreement indicates to the interest groups of the committee and other persons elected to a position of trust the will of the committee and the goals of our operations.