The City of Espoo invites all residents as well as day care centres and schools to take part in the campaign. The aim is to collect at least 4,000 cards, one for each of the city’s home care clients and nursing home residents. In addition, EJY ry will collect cards to be delivered to other elderly people in Espoo.
The City of Espoo’s effort is part of the Siskot ja Simot community’s national campaign Joulupostia ikäihmisille (Christmas mail to the elderly) aiming to ensure that as many of the elderly as possible get a card this Christmas.
The cards will be delivered before Christmas to home care clients and nursing home residents by the City of Espoo Elderly Services and to the elderly clients of voluntary help by EJY ry.
Send your card by post or drop in a box at a Service Point
Christmas cards will be collected from 16 November until 11 December at City of Espoo Service Points that are located in Espoon keskus, Kalajärvi and Matinkylä.
- Due to the Corona virus situation, we recommend that you send your cards by post to one of the Service Points. You can find the postal addresses on the city’s website.
- You may also drop the cards in a collecting box at one of the Service Points meantioned above. If you do so, please do it quickly, use face mask and wash your hands.
Please, note that the Service Points in Espoonlahti, Leppävaara and Tapiola are closed from 30 November 2020 to 6 January 2021.
You can also take or send your cards to EJY ry’s activity centre.
Make a card or write your greetings on a ready-made card
How to take part in the campaign:
- Make a card or use a ready-made card.
- Write your greetings or a delightful message on the card in Finnish, Swedish or English. Instead of Christmas greetings, you can for example wish the recipient happy holidays or a happy new year.
- Write “For you” as the recipient and your name and “Siskot ja Simot” as the sender (for example: “Merry Christmas! Best wishes, Siskot ja Simot and me”).
- Take or send your card to any of the city’s Service Points or to the EJY activity centre (links to contact information above). Please do not put your card into an envelope, unless you are going to send it by post. Make sure that we receive your card by Friday, 11 December 2020.