Admissions to vocational education and training and general upper econdary education take place though the joint application. In the joint application, the applicant fills an electronic application form, marked with five preferred study programmes.
The electronic application form is submitted at www.opintopolku.fi (in Finnish), www.studieinfo.fi (in Swedish) or www.studyinfo.fi (in English). It is possible to practice filling the form before the actual application period in the same electronic system. During the actual application period, the electronic form is filled and submitted only once. If the applicant is not able to fill the form electronically, he/she can ask assistance from the guidance councellor.
The schools' own application forms
When applying for the following specialised schools and school lines/programmes, in addition to the electronic application of Studyinfo (Opintopolku), the applicant must submit the school's own application form found from the website of each school:
- Espoon yhteislyseon lukio, football line (application form + applicant report/appraisal form)
- Etelä Tapiolan lukio, IB-programme
- Haukilahden lukio, sports line
- Leppävaaran lukio, sports line
- Mattlidens gymnasium, IB-programme (only in 'harkintaan perustuva valinta')
- Pohjois-Tapiolan lukio, theatre and media line
- Viherlaakson lukio, art line
Olarin lukio and Pohjois-Tapiolan lukio are merged as of August 2019. The name of the new general upper secondary school is Otaniemen lukio.
Important dates of the joint application
- application period February 19th – March 12th 2019 3:00 pm
- possible entrance and aptitude tests in April-May 2019 (in Omnia no entrance or aptitude tests are held)
- results will be announced earliest by June 13th 2019
- accepting the study place must be confirmed latest by June 27th 2019
- the supplementary application round for free study places begins after the results for the joint application have been announced
More information in the admissions guide (in Finnish):
Ammatilliset oppilaitokset ja lukiot 2019-2020 -valintaopas (pdf, 8767 Kt)