Admissions to vocational education and training and general upper secondary education take place though the joint application. In the joint application, the applicant fills an electronic application form, marked with five preferred study programmes.
The electronic application form is submitted at www.opintopolku.fi (in Finnish), www.studieinfo.fi (in Swedish) or www.studyinfo.fi (in English). It is possible to practice filling the form before the actual application period in the same electronic system. During the actual application period, the electronic form is filled and submitted only once. If the applicant is not able to fill the form electronically, he/she can ask assistance from the guidance councellor.
The schools' own application forms
When applying for the following specialised schools and school lines/programmes, in addition to the electronic application of Studyinfo (Opintopolku), the applicant must submit the school's own application form found from the website of each school:
- Haukilahden lukio, sports line
- Leppävaaran lukio, sports line
- Mattlidens gymnasium, IB-programme (only in 'harkintaan perustuva valinta')
- Otaniemen lukio, theatre and media line
Important dates of the joint application
- application period February 23rd – April 7th 2021 3:00 pm
- possible entrance and aptitude tests in April-May 2021
- results will be announced earliest by June 17th 2021
- accepting the study place must be confirmed latest by July 1st 2021
- the supplementary application round for free study places begins after the results for the joint application have been announced
More information in the admissions guide (in Finnish):
Admissions guide, Upper Secondary Education, in Finnish, school year 2021-2022 (pdf, 5123 Kt)