Education of language and cultural groups
In Espoo, pupils belonging to foreign language and cultural groups are arranged
• preparatory education
• intensified support after preparatory education (MMO support)
• Finnish as a second language education
• pupil's own mother tongue education
These forms of education are available for:
• foreign-language pupils
• multilingual pupils whose parents or one parent speaks other than Finnish or Swedish as their mother tongue
• children adopted from abroad.
The education supports the Finnish-language learning of pupils of different language and cultural groups, the development of their own mother tongue skills and the strengthening of multilingual identities.
Read more (in Finnish):
> Kieli- ja kulttuuritietoisuus
> Materiaalit (kielitietoisuus)