At Espoo International School we aim:
• to create a warm and welcoming educational environment, where students are able to
maximise their potential both academically and creatively to become life long
learners; who are curious, knowledgeable and confident to challenge themselves.
• to help students equip themselves with the necessary personal skills to succeed in
further education and ultimately the global market place; placing emphasis on
teamwork, self-discipline, communication skills, mutual respect and a strong work
• to assist students in identifying their strengths and weaknesses, in order to guide
them in their studies and career aspirations and to identify and nurture their talents,
whether, academic, creative or sporting.
• to encourage students to be socially responsible and to be aware of how their actions
impact the environment both locally and globally.
• to foster a respect for other cultures and promoting international-mindedness.
• for the school to be a regional leader in the latest teaching and technological
innovations; to support staff in their professional development, allowing them to
incorporate these ‘best practices’ within their various teaching styles.
• for parents and the community to be encouraged to play a full and active role in the
school and if appropriate make use of their experience or skills within the school.
• to recognise the importance of Mother Tongue languages and support their
• to foster a team spirit in the school amongst the staff and students and to promote
healthy balanced lifestyle in the school community